The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Immature, but whats the dumbest ticket you've gotten?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumbest ticket, too loud of an exhaust, although it is loud.
got out of many tickets though that would be great stories

I got you all beat. When I was 18, I was driving home from my girlfriends house at around 1 in the morning. Well the town was conducting a DUI checkpoint at both ends of town. (this was my first time i went through one of these, I had NO CLUE what was going on) Well I stop behind a vehicle that the cops were at and they were checking to make sure that those guys werent drunk. Well this cop named Christopher Robbins sees me behind that car and waves me to come up to him (or go around that car, mind you I had no clue what was going on) Well I start going around the car I was behind as he told me to, i was driving VERY slowly, maybe like 3-5mph then the cop dives over his car, quickly gets up, yells at me to pull of onto the side of the road. (All the while me and my 3 other friends are just like WTF just happened, and were laughin our ass off) So the cop comes to the window, asks for my liscence and registration, goes back to his car, processes everything, eventually comes back, gives me a ticket for attempt to assult an officer, a ticket for not being 18 and driving past 11:00, and a ticket for not switching my address on my liscence. (I had just moved a week before and hadnt got my address changed yet). I said...sir, I am 18 and have been for quite some time. He says, when i ran the liscence it showed that your not. He said what is your birthday, I said, 9/11/82 (the date was like 8/??/01) He said, Im sorry thats just how it came up. I said look at the date on my liscence, he said i KNOW, but the system says your not 18. So he gave me the tickets and I left.

So i got 3 STUPID tickets (got out of all of them) but one for almost hitting a cop. Which I was NOWHERE near him and this was one of the FUNNIEST things i have ever seen in my life. Oh he seriously asked if we had been drinking, and my friend said yeah KOOL-AID.

One for not being 18, but I really was 18.

and one for not changing my address when I moved.

best part is...the cops name was Christopher Robbins (haha)

i got pulled over about a year ago for going 62 in a 60 and the cop walks up to my car calling me "hot rod" and then asked why i was speeding so i pulled out a lame excuse that i put diffrent size wheels on my car and it must of thrown my speedo off... and the next week the same guy pulled me over for driving next to him on the same stretch of road, i had my cruise control set at 60 and i was right next to him for like 3 miles and he pulled me over and said i was taunting him by driving next to him for that long..:confused:

Originally posted by mtchll50
and the next week the same guy pulled me over for driving next to him on the same stretch of road, i had my cruise control set at 60 and i was right next to him for like 3 miles and he pulled me over and said i was taunting him by driving next to him for that long..:confused:

What happened with this one?? did you go to court or just pay it. Stuff like that is Bullshit. It's not your damn fault you were going the speed limit and were next to him that long. That's phuckin fundamental math.
"if two cars are next to each other doing the speed limit which one will reach it's destination first" :rolleyes:

Here's my story, FWIW from a few years ago (ahh, to be young and stupid again).

Was racing someone else on the highway, going back and forth 100-120 MPH... run into a construction area (you know, "workers present" signs everywhere, double fines), but we are way too into it- and I see a State Trooper WAY too late. He had those cherries lit up before I even flew by him.
I didn't even try, I had my license and registration ready when I IMMEDIATELY pulled over.

-"Son, whut in the HELL do you reckon you was thinkin'?!" he says to me.
-"Honestly, I got carried away racing that other car, sir."
-"Do yew know how fast you was goin'?"
_"YEssir, 110 MPH."
_"You did beat him, didn't yew?"
-"YEssir...".
Well, to make a long story short, we shot the shit back and forth for 15 mins or so, then he gave me a ticket for 10 over the speed limit, when he could have gotten me for reckless driving, 30+ over the limit as well as contest of speed...multiplied byTWO for the construction area. Total would have been roughly $800 + court costs and mandatory court appearance(tack on an extra $200-$300) for a grand total of $1100+.

Needless to say, I happily paid $120 the next day, no contest.

Only 2 tickets since then, one for tint, and one for (BS, BTW) running a stop sign, which I am still fighting.

I've gotten two for illegal accessories(sp?) and one night in my friends 1G w/ a b16G (fast car), messing with this redneck idiot in a 1G NT. Got pulled over for doing 88 in a 55:mad: He knocked it down to 74 though so I wouldn't get wreckless driving:thumb:

Originally posted by TurBoGs-T
What happened with this one?? did you go to court or just pay it. Stuff like that is Bullshit. It's not your damn fault you were going the speed limit and were next to him that long. That's phuckin fundamental math.
"if two cars are next to each other doing the speed limit which one will reach it's destination first" :rolleyes:

the car with better aerodynamics, hellooooo
we missed you this weekend chris, had a great time. trevor finished off my clutch for me

on the first one he handed me a ticket but right as he did a sheriff i know pulled up behind his car and walked up and asked to talk to him so he comes back and asks for the ticket back and hands me a warning instead.. i lucked out the second one he just pulled me over and said he could give me a ticket but he is on his way to a meeting so he isnt gonna waste his time.. and my question is so why even pull me over??

Originally posted by ldstang50
the car with better aerodynamics, hellooooo
we missed you this weekend chris, had a great time. trevor finished off my clutch for me

OMG . I was at the dyno day at extreme.

Originally posted by Hocus
i would have to say mine would be for having "blue" headlights, which aren't all that blue, the package says "white" on it. Well, this **** cop named michael hunt, no joke, mike hunt is his name. say "mike hunt" fast if you dont get it. get it? anyway, he writes me a ticket for impersonating a police officer, which is a $1,000 fine and/or 1 year in jail. And he then writes me 4 more tickets just for the fun of it. So i had to go to court, and pay $200 for all 5 tickets.

I got you beat.

6 tickets in 1 pull over. Got shafted big time. the cop that was radaring knew me, and didn't like me because he had been trying to nail me for illegal stuff on my cars for a while, but I have just been barely legal, and he couldn't ever get me. Weekly thing to get pulled over by that cop. The other cop was alright, he's was the one waiting down the road to pull people over.

I was in my 94 toyota pickup, lowered, shaved tailgate with supra taillights, and body dropped.

The tickets were for: Speeding, undercarriage(spelling?) to low, tailights to low, headlights to low, license plate to low, and blue sidemarker lights.

Ok, I wasn't speeding for 1 thing, a car was passing me, and going way faster then me, and the cop pulled me over, under carriage was fine, but I was pulled off the side of the road where the pavement drops off to gravel, so it made the under carriage look to low, but the cop was an ass and wouldn't let me pull it on flat ground. The headlights were 1/2" under, tailights about 1/4" under, license plate was under but easily fixed, and the sidemarker lights weren't blue, they were just plain bulbs. The cop that pulled me over was just going to write me 2 tickets, but the other cop pulled up and told me I couldn't drive my truck away and that it was getting towed. I also had just turned 18 at this time. The cop was such and ass, so I got on my cell phone, he was like "Calling someone to come get you?" I was like "no I'm calling someone to come talk to you about this bullshit." And he just walked off. I called my mom because she was pissed already about this guy harassing me. She shows up, and this cop is the nicest guy on earth all of the sudden. My mom still went off though, it was great. So the other cop was like well I'll write you up for speeding and and license plate, the other cop was like, your not writing him up for the rest?, and the other cop was like "no", so the asshole says fine, I'll write up the rest, and he goes off and writes up 4 other tickets. Also he wouldn't let me see the radar, he said it doesn't hold for more then 1/2 hour, I was there for like 2 hours. But I did get to drive my truck home. And then I moved out of town and never got harassed again for my truck. But I did have to pay for every ticket. He lied his ass off in court. I had pictures, and everything. They also used the video from the pull over and I explained everything to the judge and everyone, and the cop didn't object to what I was saying, and I still got shafted with everyone of those tickets.

The asshole cop also pulled my mom over in my car. He thought it was me, when he got up to the window, he started stuttering, and then said you didn't use your blinker. My mom was like, well I got 2 witnesses in the car here that say I did, and then she was like you thought I was my son didn't you? He just walked off, got back in his car and turned his lights off and drove away.

Originally posted by Raph
u jamaican too?..big up!nuff respect

shit sweet to see another jamaican dsm'r, i was born in england, but 4months-14yrs old i was on the island, what parish are you from?

About 2 months ago, I was pulling off the freeway to get out of bumper to bumper traffic. There was a solid white line that went broken, I turned over to the right lane (when it was broken) and here comes CHP flyin out of the exit behind me just to pull me over. I have my license and registration ready for the cop when he walks up and I'm just sitting there in my car watching people dodge in and out of traffic, and funny thing was somebody rear ended somebody about 1/4 mile ahead of us.

Needless to say he comes back with a ticket for crossing a solid white line...I got the ticket in the mail about a month later for 180 dollars.

My court date is on 5/2 wish me luck :thumb:.

When I first got my liscence I was driving a 71' Elco...396 crate motor, dual 4 barrels and so on... I saved for two years before I turned 16 so I could hook up this car. First drive of course I start mashing around like a madman. I had a friend in another car following me around(egging me on:D ) As we are pulling out of a 7-11 he comes up next to me and spins his hands, he's like "light em up, dude" Sure why not... I powerbraked for about 15-20 secs and then fishtailed out through a CLOUD of tire smoke. Zipped up the freeway on-ramp and proceeded to accelerate to 120+(speedo topped out) After a couple of seconds I see red and blues flying up on me... I knew it was for me, so I just pulled right over. I got all my paperwork ready thinking I was getting ticketed for the speed but there was a little more. The cop comes running up to my car and drags me out and back to his car, he then slams my face on the hood, screaming at me the whole time. This is when I noticed a thick coating of rubber dust all over his car(oops) Luckily he didn't arrest me, but he gave me a ticket for "exhibition of speed" and "careless driving" 120 in a 55. I fought the ticket and the cop did not show for court so the judge just had my info to go on. "Your honor, there is a lot of loose gravel in the road at Lincoln Village, I just got the engine in and had no idea how powerful it would be".(dropped the exhibition of speed) "As far as the speeding, I was actually going about 80mph, however I think the officer was quite upset that I had spun my tires right in front of him, so he may have exaggerated the speed"(speeding dropped to 75 in 55, $108 fine, no points) I don't do shit like this anymore but 12 years ago I thought I could get away with it.

I have had a few

1 for having my fog lights too low

2 for having my truck low enough to knock off the reflectors on the road "cop saw me do it"

3 I also got a ticket for having clear headlight covers on

one night i was out driving around in my olds cuttlass and a car came up behind me really fast. it got over in the other lane and tried to pass me. i thought it was a mustang so i punched it and hit the n2o. needless to say i walked away from it. so the car got back in line behind me and about 1/2 mile down the road the red and blue lights come on. he walks up to the window and says " what the f#ck was that about?" so i said "i thought you were a mustang." so i gve him my lisence and registration. he ended up giving me a ticket for " driving at a safe speed" i think he was just pissed he couldn't pass me.

I pulled a U-turn here in Fairfax.... I must be blind cuz I missed the "no u-turn" sign. The cop was just finishing up ticketing a truck...sees me comin and jumps out in the road in front of me telling me to pull over.

Now, that is reaching quota....damn traffic cop.

But it is pretty cool this state trooper let me go with NO ticket when I was doing reckless. 78 in 55... I couldn't believe it.

Originally posted by EclpzLvr97
I pulled a U-turn here in Fairfax.... I must be blind cuz I missed the "no u-turn" sign. The cop was just finishing up ticketing a truck...sees me comin and jumps out in the road in front of me telling me to pull over.

Now, that is reaching quota....damn traffic cop.

But it is pretty cool this state trooper let me go with NO ticket when I was doing reckless. 78 in 55... I couldn't believe it.
*yawn* borrrring

LOL They asked for the DUMBEST ticket, HONEY, Sweetie, Smart-ass....not the most deserved or most exciting. I'm not tryin to pull the stunts you do anyway...can't afford to. :)
LOL. honey what stunts do you be talking about? i havent' gotten a ticket in well since i've been here.

Yeah, no ticket YET...so why you postin here? ;) jk jk

But ticket or no ticket, you do "be pulling" some stunts. Plus umm...yeah, they can't catch you on 619, especially when they're dumb enough to try to turn around on that small road to go after you.

Yeah, no ticket YET...so why you postin here? ;) jk jk

But ticket or no ticket, you do "be pulling" some stunts. Plus umm...yeah, they can't catch you on 619, especially when they're dumb enough to try to turn around on that small road to go after you.
so you're saying i should stop and wait.
ok ok, here's my story.
xmas eve 2002. i'm in okinawa. we leave a xmas party to go drop a friend off, no i was not drinking. i'm driving, my buddy carlos is the passenger and otter is in the back seat. the car we are in is a 1j toyota chaser twin turbo. tuned computer with a os giken twin plate. going down 58 another chaser pulls up next to us, driven by a japanese guy. we start gettin into it. before you know it, we are doing 120kph down this road with a speed limit of 40kph. we stop at the next light he looks at me as i look at him and we both smile and look ahead. we both launch when the light turns green. he jumps me by 2 car lengths (tire spin) grab second spin some more, then hit third and start reeling his a$$ in hard, i hit 4th pull past him then grab 5th i'm at 5g for rpm in 5th gear when there is this sudden flash, i look down i'm doing about 200kph or so. i slow it down and head home. two weeks later i get a later from the japanese court. in the envelope is a picture of me driving, my buddy carlos grabin onto the oh poop handle and otter in the middle of the backseat grabbin onto both sides. the camera went off cause we were speeding, radar speed?? 198kph, speed limit?? 40kph. so i go to court, pay $850 for a fine and thats it. i never argued it. not to mention the car had , no insurance and stolen stickers (kinda like tax stickers). then the military took my license over there. oh well i left 3mos later.

I remember my first/only ticket in my DSM. I had just picked it up from the lot, it was brand new and lookin t!tt!es. So I get on the expressway and I am like "this is my first turbo. why not?" so I punch it. My head goes back into the seat and the car rockets off. I am doing like 100 on this open strech for like 5 miles and a see a car in about 1/2 or so mile ahead . So I slam the breaks. I pass the state trooper doing 67-69 (in a 65) and he lights um up. the first thing that comes in to my mind is "F^CK!! I just got this car and it is going to be impounded." So the cop comes up and say
-"Nice car. Turbo! Is this AWD"
Me- Yes sir
I hand him my lince and papers
Cop- Do you know how fast I clocked you?
Me-I could guess
I have this shit eating grin on my face
Cop-97, but I didn't get a chance to lock it in, so I am giving you a warning.
He locked in 67 in a 65! I was like hell yeah! I try not to speed anymore.

Originally posted by ldstang50
so you're saying i should stop and wait.
ok ok, here's my story.
xmas eve 2002. i'm in okinawa. we leave a xmas party to go drop a friend off, no i was not drinking. i'm driving, my buddy carlos is the passenger and otter is in the back seat. the car we are in is a 1j toyota chaser twin turbo. tuned computer with a os giken twin plate. going down 58 another chaser pulls up next to us, driven by a japanese guy. we start gettin into it. before you know it, we are doing 120kph down this road with a speed limit of 40kph. we stop at the next light he looks at me as i look at him and we both smile and look ahead. we both launch when the light turns green. he jumps me by 2 car lengths (tire spin) grab second spin some more, then hit third and start reeling his a$$ in hard, i hit 4th pull past him then grab 5th i'm at 5g for rpm in 5th gear when there is this sudden flash, i look down i'm doing about 200kph or so. i slow it down and head home. two weeks later i get a later from the japanese court. in the envelope is a picture of me driving, my buddy carlos grabin onto the oh poop handle and otter in the middle of the backseat grabbin onto both sides. the camera went off cause we were speeding, radar speed?? 198kph, speed limit?? 40kph. so i go to court, pay $850 for a fine and thats it. i never argued it. not to mention the car had , no insurance and stolen stickers (kinda like tax stickers). then the military took my license over there. oh well i left 3mos later.

wow hitting it up in okinawa, some of us only dream.. haha good story.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back