The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

im trying to open a DSM shop in springfield IL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95 eagle claw

Probationary Member
Oct 12, 2012
springfield, Illinois
fellow DSMers i want to start a DSM/4g63 shop in springfield, im not going to waste my time and money tho so let me know how ya feel and if itd be worth my time, i live in springfield so ill always be around, just need to know if im going to have work or not, lemme know peeps!

looking into doing a 6-bolt swap and seeing if anyone local has done one

As much as we all love DSMs, I wouldnt limit myself there. Maybe gear your shop to a full tuner shop and you should have plenty of business. Ive got DSMs, and I know several other people with them too. But a DSM owner usually owns a DSM because they cant afford an Audi R8. Everyone I know anyway works on their own stuff. Dont they call them the poor mans lambo, or something like that? Anyways, my point is, most DSM owners arent going to have the money for it. Now as long as your portfolio expanded to forced induction tuning, motor swapping, suspension setups, custom interiors, custom stereos, etc..... and if you expanded to Subaru, VW, Toyotas, Scion, Hundai, Mazda, etc... then you would rule the central IL market. And I also agree with the earlier post that an AWD Dyno is going to be your money maker. Hell, id probably use that 1 or 2 times a month if your prices turnout reasonable. Best of luck with the shop, PM me if you go for it. I might also be able to assist you; its always been a dream to have something around here. We need a F'n tack too while your at it, LOL... Contact Novanis IT Solutions and ask for Darrell if you need computer systems, networking or security.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back