The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G I'm stuck between two amazing choices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf alchemy

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2014
kouts, Indiana
No answers that involve get both. Only have the money for one or the other.
So recently I contacted a tuner called my1gdsmtuner.com and I already have a ecu set up for my car at 320.50$ With it I can install a evo maf and get rid of the giant(in my opinion)piece of trash that's the 1g maf. Or I was looking at the VRSF 1G DSM front mount intercooler kit which will cost me 364.99

190 = Walbro 190 lph fuel pump
255 = Walbro 255 lph fuel pump (where HP stands for the High Pressure version of it)
AFPR = Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

just a few examples for you.

Don't take it the wrong way, but you are more likely to absorb all the acronyms by reading the technical section of the forums and browsing some vendor's websites (most of the time they provide a detail description of whatever is that they sell) than starting a thread asking the same things that everybody has answered already a million times. I know, it's new to you and we all have been newbies (I consider myself one for starters in spite of the joining date I have very little direct experience), but if you put a little effort in searching things you'll be able to find the answers to your questions right away and without being yelled at...

I'd do the dodge garage mod to your blow off valve. They tend to leak unless you do something to them. I can post a video of how it sounds/works if you'd like. Lots of people crush them but I dont like putting shit in a vise especially. Mine seems to hold any/all the boost I give it so far.

Am I missing something here? What exactly is so amazing about this ECU that is setup for your "mostly stock car"?? Between that and the Evo maf your looking at over $400. That seems like a huge waste of money to me. A fmic, a datalogger of some sort and maybe even a boost controller would make a whole lot more sense to me. Every car is different but with those mods I just mentioned I was able to run 17psi safely on my other wise stock dsm.

Am I missing something here? What exactly is so amazing about this ECU that is setup for your "mostly stock car"?? Between that and the Evo maf your looking at over $400. That seems like a huge waste of money to me. A fmic, a datalogger of some sort and maybe even a boost controller would make a whole lot more sense to me. Every car is different but with those mods I just mentioned I was able to run 17psi safely on my other wise stock dsm.

Already have a MBC, logger, and complete all 3' exhaust. My car isn't stock. If anything its....70% stock. Need to update my car on here. Lol[DOUBLEPOST=1412911453][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you want to get rid of the 1g MAF (I don't blame you), get a 2g MAF, a filter, make an adapter or cut your harness and wire on a 2G plug.

I was read a lot that doing that would cause my car to run rich. Or lean. Even if I also upgraded my injectors to 550cc. See! I f***ing research you non believers.[DOUBLEPOST=1412911754][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also someone told me to not upgrade to a fmic till I heatsoak the stock one. And I'm guessing heat soak means pushing so much boost that the stock ic can't cool the air. So that's why I'm aiming at ecu upgrade.

Last edited:
Im still of the opinion that you do no mods until you fix everything else. You're also making a list of parts when you dont seem to know what each one does. How about some goal and project planning?

Im still of the opinion that you do no mods until you fix everything else. You're also making a list of parts when you dont seem to know what each one does. How about some goal and project planning?

Then tell me what's wrong with my car.

Then tell me what's wrong with my car.

Blowing fuses, clutch engagement issue, transmission blown, to name a few. Have you replaced all timing components, water pump, fixed all oil leaks, replaced all old belts and hoses, and gone thru the suspension and brake systems? Have you went thru all the common issue things that these car's have?

Blowing fuses, clutch engagement issue, transmission blown, to name a few. Have you replaced all timing components, water pump, fixed all oil leaks, replaced all old belts and hoses, and gone thru the suspension and brake systems? Have you went thru all the common issue things that these car's have?

Found out I only blow cabin fuse when connecting battery. Clutch only needs to be bled or I will buy this which someone said is a horrible idea. But if its so bad why would someone make it? Pic below. Timing is coming up in less than 200 miles. PO actually had a receipt for the timing belt. No oil leaks. And no boost leaks. Need to replace bov to intake pipe. Could use new rotors and pads, but neither are any where near needing replacement. Pads still have lines down the middle. And I guess I'll be looking at common issues now to find out what those are and if I've fixed them.[DOUBLEPOST=1412929130][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd do the dodge garage mod to your blow off valve. They tend to leak unless you do something to them. I can post a video of how it sounds/works if you'd like. Lots of people crush them but I dont like putting sh** in a vise especially. Mine seems to hold any/all the boost I give it so far.

My car came with the 1g BOV crushed. And surprisingly it looks just like it should.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-09-23-26-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-23-26-24.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
if youre blowing fuses, you need to find the short. doesnt matter when it blows them. preventing a short is their purpose therefore you have a short.

how are the rotors and pads nowhere near needing replacement, but you could use new ones?

and finally, extended slave cylinder rods are a bandaid...not too mention a bad idea. bleed and adjust the clutch properly before wasting money on crap u dont need.

The only reason I asked about the rod was because the one I bought was slightly shorter than the slave I pulled out. I compressed both to make sure it was the right part. And there's a line going through the middle of the rotors. Its still there but its not as deep as new pads. And I'll try to find the short.[DOUBLEPOST=1413017047][/DOUBLEPOST]So I thought of something. I believe there's aftermarket tweeters, radio, and a 200 watt amp all pulling power from the fuse that keeps blowing, so could that be my cause of blowing the fuse? Read a thread that recently installed things sometimes can do this.

Last edited:
I was read a lot that doing that would cause my car to run rich. Or lean. Even if I also upgraded my injectors to 550cc. See! I f***ing research you non believers.

Shit, I totally forgot to mention installing a set of 550cc injectors. It won't cause any issues. I have one on my car and it runs fantastic. I'm sure it runs a little rich since I don't have a tuning method yet but too rich is better than too lean.

sh**, I totally forgot to mention installing a set of 550cc injectors. It won't cause any issues. I have one on my car and it runs fantastic. I'm sure it runs a little rich since I don't have a tuning method yet but too rich is better than too lean.

Alright I suppose I'll try that. Is it ok if the 2g maf's honey comb is slightly messed up? Or should I tediously fix and straighten all the thin metal walls?

Too rich can be just as bad as too lean. Can wash out cylinders, ruin o2 sensor, and cause knock. These are just some example. You need to run it properly and have a way to tune. Just because someone can run without tuning doesnt mean you can or should. If you want to risk it then thats all on you. A 2g maf with 550/560s get you close but you at least need a chipped burned or an afc to keep everything in check.

Too rich can be just as bad as too lean. Can wash out cylinders, ruin o2 sensor, and cause knock. These are just some example. You need to run it properly and have a way to tune. Just because someone can run without tuning doesnt mean you can or should. If you want to risk it then thats all on you. A 2g maf with 550/560s get you close but you at least need a chipped burned or an afc to keep everything in check.

Thanks you very much. Definitely waiting till ecmtuning

Wolf alchemy said the fuse only blows when he connects battery. Seriously man? Man this thread is a waste of everyones time and knowledge. I do not like to belittle anyone ever so lets just have someone who runs this site shut this thread off. No one is gaining anything from this.

So I thought of something. I believe there's aftermarket tweeters, radio, and a 200 watt amp all pulling power from the fuse that keeps blowing, so could that be my cause of blowing the fuse? Read a thread that recently installed things sometimes can do this.

Speakers wont cause a fuse to blow, and a amp should only be drawing power straight from the battery. The only reason a recently installed device will cause fuses to blow is due to improper installation.

Wolf alchemy said the fuse only blows when he connects battery. Seriously man? Man this thread is a waste of everyones time and knowledge. I do not like to belittle anyone ever so lets just have someone who runs this site shut this thread off. No one is gaining anything from this.

As was this post. If you take issues with the thread, you can report it. The mods will sort it out as they see fit. Otherwise, the OP is looking for help. As terrible as his searching skills are, you should be happy he is containing all his questions to this one thread now and not creating yet another thirty more.

The op has turned this thread from wanting an opinion to every other problem as well. Rules are rules. Follow them. Do not post threads in newbie forum if you are a proven member. Use correct punctuation etc. Ok? You cant argue with the rules.[DOUBLEPOST=1413076477][/DOUBLEPOST]
As was this post. If you take issues with the thread, you can report it. The mods will sort it out as they see fit. Otherwise, the OP is looking for help. As terrible as his searching skills are, you should be happy he is containing all his questions to this one thread now and not creating yet another thirty more.
You do have a good point. We need a complete section on this website for that guy it seems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back