The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G I'm stuck between two amazing choices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf alchemy

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2014
kouts, Indiana
No answers that involve get both. Only have the money for one or the other.
So recently I contacted a tuner called my1gdsmtuner.com and I already have a ecu set up for my car at 320.50$ With it I can install a evo maf and get rid of the giant(in my opinion)piece of trash that's the 1g maf. Or I was looking at the VRSF 1G DSM front mount intercooler kit which will cost me 364.99

You need to get all your problems and maintanence done before you go buying mods. You are acting like one of the people who gives these cars a bad rep and are more worried about modding then take care of it properly. If your not going to listen to everyones help and advice and cant afford to do what needs to be done then maybe you should think about getting something else. You have numerous threads going all the time with problems and you havent seemed to fix any of them. Please start fixing the known problems instead of tryin to mod.

You need to get all your problems and maintanence done before you go buying mods. You are acting like one of the people who gives these cars a bad rep and are more worried about modding then take care of it properly. If your not going to listen to everyones help and advice and cant afford to do what needs to be done then maybe you should think about getting something else. You have numerous threads going all the time with problems and you havent seemed to fix any of them. Please start fixing the known problems instead of tryin to mod.

Belt-fine, trans-nothing I can do until two weeks. Anything else?[DOUBLEPOST=1412797514][/DOUBLEPOST]
Get neither. Keep saving. Get link. Get tuned. You dont need an fmic untill you start heat soaking the smic, which requires a bigger turbo or a lot more boost.

Alright. Just trying to get the best for the car.[DOUBLEPOST=1412797564][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is the ecu chipped to run a certain size injector? or is it only set up to compensate for the evo maf?

Yes. The ecu is set up for everything that's stock since the car is mostly stock.

Well one guy said it could be the transmission which I'm buying a replacement in two weeks. And....well its...more of a annoyance. I think it just needs to be professionally bled since I already tried to. Or my problem is that the throwout bearing that came with my clutch is slightly shorter than the stock one so it rattles when my foot is off the clutch. Till the car is warm and I drove for awhile. Which makes me think there's air in the line. Since air expands when hot.[DOUBLEPOST=1412799131][/DOUBLEPOST]I take care of my car. Its close to oil change time. I'll probably do that this week. Most likely tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1412801198][/DOUBLEPOST]Going ten miles for car parts. Wipers, oil, and I'm getting a Mopar oil filter from Walmart.

Last edited:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yeah im deff with dsmkid get the car running good then worry about modding

The engine is running amazing. I know cars. I've worked on cars for 3 years now. Do you honestly want to know every little thing that needs replacing just to be happy? Because I'm honestly being insulted by this. As I said. I couldn't get the trans in two weeks. Well I can get it sooner, but since I feel absolutely nothing wrong with how the car rolls from 1000-6000 rpms. I figured. Hey, collect some upgrades so when I get that trans and rebuild it. I'll be golden, but you guys are lashing out at me like I'm one of those guys who turn up boost and freak out saying. Why did my engine blow. I know combustion, physics, and I know how to fix a damn car. Yes I do appreciate the concern, but after I told you my side(which was to me. Its fine, I know what I'm doing mostly and if it breaks down I do have a back up car). So please stop patronizing me over the same thing multiple times. I got it and even as I'm writing this it probably seems like I don't value your opinions. I do. To a very great extent at that. I have been up since 5pm yesterday and I'm tired and won't be sleeping tonight. Work was horrible last night, and all I use this for is information, help, and opinions on things. If you said. "Hey, don't upgrade. Fix". I heard you and since I drive the car and not you I still think about every little possiblitly that could happen then if I need to I'll describe my problem into more detail to get your more in depth view......f*** is that a page full.[DOUBLEPOST=1412809222][/DOUBLEPOST]I bought a NXS manual boost controller and set it at 10psi. I've read soo many times that "you can saftly push 12". I don't care. I'm put it at the highest point my boost gauge hit when it was stock. Plus I bought their most expensive one.

DSM upgrade path part 1 done. That's why I'm aiming for fmic, or ecu....... 0.0 I love this car....so much. Yet today this site has made me want to drive all my hard work to the junk yard and straight into the crusher. That's honestly how I feel.[DOUBLEPOST=1412810656][/DOUBLEPOST]For shits and giggles. Let me copy and past the list. =D

DSM upgrade path part 1 done. That's why I'm aiming for fmic, or ecu....... 0.0 I love this car....so much. Yet today this site has made me want to drive all my hard work to the junk yard and straight into the crusher. That's honestly how I feel.[DOUBLEPOST=1412810656][/DOUBLEPOST]For sh**s and giggles. Let me copy and past the list. =D
i woundnt do that LOL scrap value on our cars or any car is not worth it LOL i think everyone just wants your car to be perfect before you start to go nuts with mods because our cars our getting very old and i think they just dont want you to blow it up and or kill yourself because your axel snapped going 180 km or somthing (never no LOL)

Upgrade Sequencing – Stage 1
Take your car to as much as 300hp – and click off low 13′s to high 12′s in the 1/4 mile!

1. Air Filter Assembly

1G – K&N Air Filter

• 1G Tip! – Cut the top of the factory airbox off leaving the front and rear mounting holes intact-sorta check
  • 1G Tip! – Remove the air silencer (the paper filter located behind the MAS)-check
  • 1G Tip! – Remove the smaller of the two honeycombs in the MAS – Do NOT remove the larger one. This modification will allow 2-3 psi more boost before hitting fuel cut-not doing.
2G – K&N Filtercharger Kit-does not apply

• 2G Tip! – Do NOT remove ANY of the honeycombs – the car will not run smoothly without them
2. Cat-back Exhaust System
Our 3″ turbo back will support horsepower levels high enough to reach 8 second 1/4 mile times:-thermal division and research 3' cat back exhaust, 3' inlet/outlet cat, 3' downpipe

• Buschur Racing 3″ mandrel bent stainless tubing with Stainless Muffler and 4″ Polished Tip – 1G or 2G (AWD Only)
3. Boost or Boost/Vacuum Gauge
The factory Boost Gauge does not actually measure Boost – it merely estimates the what it “thinks” the current boost is based upon calculations involving air temperature and MAS data. Installing a “real” boost gauge is especially important once boost pressures exceed the values the stock gauge records.-check

We carry AEM, Autometer and a variety of other as well.

4. Compressor Bypass Valve (Blow Off Valve) for all DSM Models
We recommend replacing the stock BOV’s with a quality unit like the Tial. If you are running a MAF you will want to order the BOV with the re-circulating option.-1gdsm BOV is fine

5. Boost Control
We recommend the use of a Manual Boost Controller, like the ball and spring types we sell. They work great, and spool up as fast as the best electronic controllers.-NXS most expensive one

6. Fuel Pump
Once you have performed modifications 1-5 above, you’ll be able to increase the boost to 18+psi if you upgrade the factory fuel pump to one with higher flow. We sell 2 diffent in-tank fuel pump set ups. A single 255 lph pump that is good for up to 500 whp and our Twin intank pump that is good for 800+ whp. Both fuel pumps are better than the in-line or external pumps because they are easier to install, flow more, and are quieter than an external pump.- absolutely no clue on this one and honestly will wait till I did into it.

7. Test Pipe
This modification eliminates your catalytic converter and is designed for offroad use ONLY. Expect the exhaust tone to increase slightly, and for the power to come on more strongly when the turbo spools up. We also sell high flow catalytic converters for street use.illegal in my area thus the 3' inlet/outlet cat

8. Downpipe
Replacing the stock downpipe will greatly improve the performance of your car at high RPMs. Some of our customer cars have ran as fast as mid-10′s on our least expensive 2.5″ aluminized, pressbent downpipes. We also offer a 3″ stainless, mandrel-bent downpipe. A 3″ downpipe without sufficient port work (see below), and external wastegate can cause boost creep.-3' downpipe

9. Port Work
You can send your parts to us for porting if you don’t have access to the equipment to port your exhaust parts.-bought tubular manifold. Looking at forced performance next unless tubular is fine. Made a customer heat shield for the tubular.

10. Ported 2G Exhaust Manifold
If you have a 1G, you may want to replace the 1G exhaust manifold with a higher-flowing, ported 2G manifold. We sell the 95+ exhaust manifolds in ported or unported styles at competitive prices!-does not apply

11. High-Performance Clutch
The stock clutch will allow much of the new power at the crank to slip past the flywheel and your car won’t “feel” as fast as it really is. A new clutch will also improve your 60′ times at the track since it transfers more power to the ground.-pro kit exedy clutch. Got the clutch plate with the four springs.

We prefer the Competition Clutch brand or for cars running 11 seconds or slower the Centerforce Dual Friction has proven to be one of the best shifting and smoothest clutches on the market for nearly 20 years.

At this point in the buildup, you should have spent no more than $1800, if you performed the labor yourself. Your car will now be nearing the 300hp mark. A really well-tuned Stage 1 AWD car can achieve ET’s as quick as 12.00′s at a trap speed of 114 mph with these simple modifications.

I would ditch the tubular manifold. Most of them crack after awhile. Get a fp cast manifold and you will be good. Less prone to crack and is high flowing. Also depending on how far you want to push this car, a 190 or 255 fuel pump will be good. If you go with 255, I suggest a fpr so you dont overrun the stock one.

i woundnt do that LOL scrap value on our cars or any car is not worth it LOL i think everyone just wants your car to be perfect before you start to go nuts with mods because our cars our getting very old and i think they just dont want you to blow it up and or kill yourself because your axel snapped going 180 km or somthing (never no LOL)

I know. But I'm not a dog. Just tell me once you know?[DOUBLEPOST=1412812787][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would ditch the tubular manifold. Most of them crack after awhile. Get a fp cast manifold and you will be good. Less prone to crack and is high flowing. Also depending on how far you want to push this car, a 190 or 255 fuel pump will be good. If you go with 255, I suggest a fpr so you dont overrun the stock one.

Over run the stock? I thought I'd be pulling out the stock to put one inside the tank. WTF

first, you will have to find out if you have eprom or non eprom ecu.

Already know. And I tried to see if I could take a cheap but effient shortcut and now being yelled at again.[DOUBLEPOST=1412861395][/DOUBLEPOST]
I meant overrun the stock fpr with a 255 pump. I should have explained it better.

Ohh. Now I get it. So if I get a higher pressure pump I'll also need to upgrade the fuel pressure relay? Correct?

Already know. And I tried to see if I could take a cheap but effient shortcut and now being yelled at again.[DOUBLEPOST=1412861395][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ohh. Now I get it. So if I get a higher pressure pump I'll also need to upgrade the fuel pressure relay? Correct?

No, if you run a higher VOLUME pump you will need an aftermarket fuel pressure REGULATOR.

No, if you run a higher VOLUME pump you will need an aftermarket fuel pressure REGULATOR.

I'm sorry I don't know the....whatever the short versions of all theses things mean. And why don't you read my pm? If your going to post on my thread you could at least read my pm and personally yell at me. Or say you realize the situation. And thank you

I don't mean any of this to try and dis you or hurt your feelings, but i want to help you so don't take any of this the wrong way. I didn't reply to the pm because it just gave me a major headache trying to read it. No one is trying to yell at you or be an ass, the thing that you have to understand is that when you post so many threads about things that either have already been answered, or aren't even a legit question you are not trying to help yourself. This in turn wastes people's time when they try and help and you don't listen to them. If you have a legit question and have searched and not found an answer than go ahead and make a thread and be 100 percent willing to take people's advise. You are at a point where you need to sit back and learn as much as you can. There is so much information on this site that can be found with the search feature. You will get a lot more help, and make more friends on the site if you come in without having an attitude with people and don't start threads about things like how you are supposed to turn the ignition off. People like giving advise on this site, i do also. I don't even own a dsm, or work on them anymore, i literally come on here and help guys just because i enjoy the people on here and like to help others. We like to answer real questions, not be bothered by a bunch of silly threads that clutter up the forum. It you have multiple questions, try to post them in the last thread that you started instead of starting a new one for every little thing. Again, be willing to get some criticism, it is going to happen. Just be humble, and you will get along just fine on this site. We all had to start somewhere, and most of us on here understand that, sometimes some people might go a little overboard with things, but don't let that stuff get to you. I would highly recommend you purchase a factory service manual for your car, or even buy the cd from ebay, there is information on how to do just about everything you can to repair these cars on there. Again, i am saying none of this to insult or degrade you, just trying to be truthful and helpful to you.

I don't mean any of this to try and dis you or hurt your feelings, but i want to help you so don't take any of this the wrong way. I didn't reply to the pm because it just gave me a major headache trying to read it. No one is trying to yell at you or be an ass, the thing that you have to understand is that when you post so many threads about things that either have already been answered, or aren't even a legit question you are not trying to help yourself. This in turn wastes people's time when they try and help and you don't listen to them. If you have a legit question and have searched and not found an answer than go ahead and make a thread and be 100 percent willing to take people's advise. You are at a point where you need to sit back and learn as much as you can. There is so much information on this site that can be found with the search feature. You will get a lot more help, and make more friends on the site if you come in without having an attitude with people and don't start threads about things like how you are supposed to turn the ignition off. People like giving advise on this site, i do also. I don't even own a dsm, or work on them anymore, i literally come on here and help guys just because i enjoy the people on here and like to help others. We like to answer real questions, not be bothered by a bunch of silly threads that clutter up the forum. It you have multiple questions, try to post them in the last thread that you started instead of starting a new one for every little thing. Again, be willing to get some criticism, it is going to happen. Just be humble, and you will get along just fine on this site. We all had to start somewhere, and most of us on here understand that, sometimes some people might go a little overboard with things, but don't let that stuff get to you. I would highly recommend you purchase a factory service manual for your car, or even buy the cd from ebay, there is information on how to do just about everything you can to repair these cars on there. Again, i am saying none of this to insult or degrade you, just trying to be truthful and helpful to you.

Not at all that was finely said, but honestly I was and still am serious about the key thing. But since every one was wickity wack. I've said f*** it. Not angry. Just stressed that when I'm serious. No one gives a damn.[DOUBLEPOST=1412875299][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you get a 255 get afpr so not overrun the fuel system.
Thanks, is that just the name of what its called or do you recommend a specific one?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back