The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Im scared of my car!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osiris

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2002
san antonio, Texas
I really need some advice here...Just recently I was driving my car and went over a slightly bumpy road going around 15-20 mph..Its hard to remember but I may have hit a bump in the road or something but next thing you know my cars feels like my wheel is dangling and its hard to control it..I had just left my girls house so I pull it back into her complex..I check and notice that my left back wheel has become disconnected from my car! The beam that held the back axel had a clean split in it..

Well I got a used one put on but Im scared shitless to drive my car now..I really feel that my car is cursed..My history includes a wheel popping off on the freeway,my hood popping up twice,a gas leak that I was unaware of and now this..I really felt about ready to sell her since this has happened but I got to thinking...

How hard of an impact would have had to occurred to cause the beam to split like that?
Could this have occurred under normal driving conditions?
Should I feel somewhat safe and just take it as a coincidence?

Has anyone else had some shit like this happen where you were actually scared to drive your again?
I really think Im started to get a car phobia and this sucks because I truely enjoy driving..But this is just too much for me to handle mentally...Thoughts,sell her or keep her?

i remember my first accident when i only had my license for like a month. i had a civic hatchback that was rear ended badly the whole rear end was push half way into the car. that scared me to the point where i don't want to own a small car.

If you are scared just sell it and go for a newer DSM that is in good condition.

If I had that type of money I would..I actually also have a 90 Talon Awd that im trying to build also..But this has almost got me to the point where I dont even want to race anymore..

Does anyone know how strong these I-beams are?

why do u think i sold my 94 talon........ damn hood popped once with stock latch and once with hood pins (within 2 months)

every car i drive i feel like the hood is gonna fly up and get my killed!

Damn so you decided to sell it?Did you get another Dsm after the fact?

Im becoming more comfortable driving it now but I still havent went on the highway yet..And what is also bad is the fact that I had had my balance shaft removed so I have the car vibration...So that makes it hard to tell if the vibration is me feeling the crank movement or something else...Does anyone know what should feel normal when you have your balance shaft removed?

im driving on a snaped shocks/ sturt in the back im waiting for the spring to snap so that the whole back just drops and tears off my body kit and kills the car sucks LOL .

im replacing the shocks and struts asap i hope tyring to sell the car tho dont want to put more money in to it o well i might have to

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^agreed thats why

i have another talon. a tsi sleeper my non turbo is up for sale. a freind might be buying it soon. i stoped liking body kits when i had my old probe. it turned in to a snow plow and wrecked my new sensei front. i hate rice i got the car like this and have changed the whole inside back to stock grey from red spray paint. i was trying just dont want to spend the time or money on it when i have my tsi sitting. my body kit is molded to the car so taking it off isnt somthing i want to do so im selling it as is .

Nobody knows how strong these beams are?
I took it to the highway today and I still had vibration but I think it is from the crank movement?

Any thoughts?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back