The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Im rebuilding my 92 4G63T, should I put 2g pistons in it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_Joe

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2008
Washington, Indiana
Just looking for opinions..I hear about guys running 2nd gen pistons in the 1g car..Why exactly is that? Should I do it too? Im running a big 16G turbo through a ebay FMIC, evo III exhaust manifold, 3" turbo back exhaust, hard intake pipe..thinking about going to a 20G..Im looking to run low 7s in the 8th on e85...I just was wondering if I should go with 2g or stock 1g pistons..thanks..

well the 2g pistons will bump compression up to 8.5 over the 7.8, but some say there is more cost involved and you could get aftermarket 1g with higher compression for same price or less than total cost. you need to machine rods, etc to put 2g pistons on if i read that right. but higher compression will definitely give you off boost benefits! im thinking about doing the 2g or better 1g piston swap myself some day if i keep car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back