The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I'm not alone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XiKeiyaZI

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2008
Goldsboro, North_Carolina
NOTE : THIS IS IN NO WAY STREET RACING.

So last night at about 10:00PM, I decided to head uptown, grab a bite to eat, see who was out (which was no one), and shortly after decided to head home.

Well, our roads are pretty long, our town is settled at the crossing of two highways, so it's shaped like a giant X. As I was coming over a hill, I see the tail-lights of a DSM. HMMM.

Well, I can see it Juuuuust enough to see that it's a dark color. I only know of 1 dark colored DSM from my town....Mine. Well, my old one. So I speed up. The 1G goes through the stop light and down the road. I get hit by the stop light, and the next. Pretty scared I'm going to lose it. For some reason I REALLY wanted to catch up to this thing.

Well... I end up catching it. It was going down a back road out of town, where there is no speed limit. So I get into it a bit and catch up to it. When I pull up behind it, I notice that the car is blue, in good condition, and driving kinda slow. Well, I decided to pass him, slowly. When I do, I kinda slow down beside him, look over and wave casually and pull infront of him. He doesn't change driving pattern or speed.

Well, we go around an S curve, and that turns into a straight. All of a sudden the guy is beside me. He looks over, smirks, downshifts... the damned thing barks at me, ALL 4 tires break loose for a second, it tilts to the right a little bit, and the guy shoots off past me. WTH?! So I TRY, keyword = TRY, to catch up. I think the loud ass BOV scared me, honestly.

A few seconds later he pulls over at a parking lot and I immediately pull in beside him. I get it, and in my haste forget to set my parking brake, so I look like an idiot for about 4 seconds as I attempt to stop my car from rolling. The only thing I can muster to say is "sorry, I get a little nervous around 1Gs."

Well... we end up talking for like an hour. He's a pretty awesome guy. I end up looking at the car, interior is about a 6, exterior is about an 8. Engine bay? 10+. This was, hands down, a 500HP+ car. The setup was perfect. The FMIC was tucked back so it wasn't obvious. The blow-off was HUGE. I don't know much about it, but he mentioned quite a few Greddy parts. He ALSO mentioned that his father was also into DSMs... and back in the day, used to keep constant contact with JACK, yes, of Jack's transmissions, and share information on their builds and what worked and what didn't.

APPARENTLY, the engine sitting in that 91GSX, was an exact replica of Jacks' old one. The one thing different was the transmission. I mean, the guy didn't once tell me anything he couldn't verify about the car. Everything I asked or mentioned he knew about. And from the way that car broke loose cruising at 50, I'd have to say I believe it.

I recommended him to this site. Hopefully we see him around. >> And hopefully I can A : Have a new tuner buddy that lives close by and B : Have someone around that can actually give me some tips or physically assist me instead of relying on the web.

I didn't get pictures because I thought it'd be rude to just whip out my phone. But... one thing, I could most likely fit a coke-can in the inlet of that cars' turbo. @__@

Just had to share this encounter, especially if his dad is friends with Jack. xD

Teusday? If it's Teusday, you're drunk. xD

No, there's actually NOTHING to do here. The little car Cliche here includes - A few Honda, a newer GTO, and 231312 mustangs.

The fact that I know now of a highly modified 1G makes me happy. ;3 I could have hugged that car...

Note : Wanna know what I was doing before that? Playing Sims3.. Lmfao.

Good god I need to move...

You'll need to cut your hair before you move! Did he think you were a woman at first when you stepped out? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

You need to get some pictures next time you see your lover boy.

For the record every road has a speed limit whether it's posted or not. It's one other those "if you are in a rural area then it's always going to be 35mph" deals etc. Don't want to see you get pulled over for excessively speeding :thumb:

You'll need to cut your hair before you move! Did he think you were a woman at first when you stepped out? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

You need to get some pictures next time you see your lover boy.

For the record every road has a speed limit whether it's posted or not. It's one other those "if you are in a rural area then it's always going to be 35mph" deals etc. Don't want to see you get pulled over for excessively speeding :thumb:

;P My hair is much longer now than it was in the picture I posted. I'm cutting it, hopefully, this weekend though. New style will be much like Reita's from Gazzette.

As far as the Speed Limit, put it this way. It's a 2 mile stretch of road with no speed zone. Period. Arkansas is goofy like that. Now, keep in mind that the law enforcement here expects you to know what is allowable, so like.. 80+ is a no-no. But I've personally been in a group of cars during that stretch doing 75+ with a cop mingled in. Never pulled anyone over. Now the TOWN we stopped in.. if you do over 40, period, that local cop will treat you like you just shot the Predsident.

I'll certainly get pictures. I'm sure I'll see it soon. He said he passes through my town pretty often so yeah. But it was seriously nice, especially for someone who's not a member here....and located in Arkansas.

So last night at about 10:00PM, I decided to head uptown, grab a bite to eat, see who was out (which was no one), and shortly after decided to head home.

xD

Teusday? If it's Teusday, you're drunk. xD

So what if I'm drunk? Try as I may, I've never succeeded in drinking enough to alter the space-time continueum. There is always LSD involved when that happens:cool:

I would say that you do need to move: You need to move to a place where Wednesday follows Teusday. Does Arkansas use some-sort-of wierd-ass, red-neck calander which has some other day preceeding Wednesday?

Anyway, I'm no longer drunk, but I'm sure I would have blown a nifty BAC # on the breathalyzer this morning, when I wrote that. Very observant, little cricket:shhh:

Now go get a haircut before someone mistakes you for his sister and tries to hump you!:sneaky:

;3 The women love it. You guys should try it.

Plus when someone hears me talking about an engine, they're kinda like " What? Girls don't know about engin- ... Wait a second " xDD

Arkansas isn't really as Redneck as you think. Now MISSOURI.... There you go. I traveled through that god forsaken state on my way to Kansas City a while back and people were like " Wee thot yew arkan-zanz had fife heds and six toes! "

Now that was an actual statement from a lady at a store we stopped at to get gas. My friends' only response " Yeah.. well... we try, ya know? Us mutants have it pretty rough."

xD so apparently we're 5 headed, 6 Toed mutants who jizz acid, and have a spare raccoon foot we use to dismember our victims.

You name dropper, you.

From what I understand.

One, Wenzdee, Alpha, Friday, BeerDay, Workday, Sephiroth.

Just a rough calculation.

I enjoy Beerday.

I though galmour WOMEN with flowing hair drank weak drinks with an umbrella in them, not beer.

Lmfao. xD

I prefer WINE,... thank you. :p

Yeah, women do complain a lot huh :p

I actually like wine as well but not as much as tequila!

Tequila is tastey.

I used to enjoy a light Vodka... buuuut... yeah. Ruined that one night when I vocally proclaimed " Awesome.. I can't feel my lips! " ... " Wait.. I can't feel anything "

Then puked for 8 hours.

That's what I get for not eating before hand I suppose.

Fun stuff.

Well, cut the hair and you can start drinking again AND gain some respect back from everyone for you looking like a girl "Girly Man!" LOL

Exactly my question. I drink OCCASIONALY to take the edge off of my attitude.

Look, I may have a femanine appearance... but I'm proud of it. I don't weigh 300LBS, have a gut the size of Wisconson, and have never had trouble with the ladies. ;P

Pride > Respect.

;D Plus, look at it like this. When I walk these Stangs... imagine their frustration when they think a Woman steps out of the car. xD

Well, at least it's better than the massive mullet that those stang owners prob. have out there in the stix.

xD

Nah, everyone around here has massively gauged out ears and are overweight.

MOST of the hicks live in N.W. Arkansas and the 'Deep South'.

He's right.

That and Jeeps... for whatever reason...

AR has good wheeling, or so I've heard. I used to be into that stuff.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

..... The southern that has slunk into my system got a bit excited over that picture.

Yes, it DOES have some very areas for that. Some of the best for ATV's and Dirtbikes. Hell, when you go out on a date, the thing to ask is " Movies or Mudding? "

xD

I've honestly been wanting to build a jeep specifically to do that shit in. It IS fun. My passion lie with four-wheelers and dirt-bikes though. I grew up on a Dirt-bike. Haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back