The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

I'm going bigger than funk master flex..even my TV has a TV...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboglenn

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
RIpley, West_Virginia
or as a good friend of mine said "at turbo's, we've got TV's inside of TV's inside of TV's son...now break somethin off that tops that"

No, anyway.. I was diddling with my PC trying to find LEDS's or something to make it look like the ones i've seen on the web where they've got dye in the water cooler and black light cold cathodes and not having money to spend it was a budget challenge and when asking my friend "what can i do to make this thing just plain dope looking"

with a joking smik he said "put a TV in it" little did he know that not only did i have a bunch of TV's that are those small portable DVD player with a TV on the top things i picked up at a yard sale YEARS ago, but i also had taken his advice WAY Too seriousely and within a few hours we have what i cannot find anyone else to have done anywhere

This is s semi flush mounted 9" diagonal from a TV/DVD portable , so far i have no hookup for the PC to send signal to it (has only RCA inputs) but soon enough i hope to figure it out... for now the DISH and playsstations take turns feeding signalsto it

let me know what you think (for a free mod i'm proud of it) video is uploading now as well and i'll add it asap

(EDIT: incase you say the 120mm fan on the side hurts my airflow i should inform you that i'm using a home made water cooling setup on my CPU and that the side fan is for cooling direct air to the north and south bridge ship sets.. the HDD's also have a msall fab between them keeping them in the 32 and under range for temps..)

i'LL MAKE Another thread showing the cooling setup but basically i got an old danger den 4 GPU cooler off the guy that worked for me for 6 years when i was better health... I made a braket to put that pon my CPU and at first was using evaporative cooling which was ok but the pump was noisy and filling it constantly was a PITA.. SO i went and took a small cooler from a dirtbike (kx60) and got a real CPU pump from a friend that is hardcore into PC's and built a setup similar to the unitsl sold by corsair and antek.. I'm running a 3.1ghz athlon ii x4 overclocked to 3,88ghz using FSB adjustments only *voltages are still auto* and i manually set the RAM timimngs, I've had this CPU up over 4ghz but it's not as sstable unless i loosen up the ram and put a lot of volts into it.. but the coolest thing i have to report on that is that even in the current 3.8ghz and allowing cool and quiet to work a little i'm seeing temps in the idle range of 14-16* C and working temps under prime 95 as well as having rendering and other crap goping on and never get over 35*C (lot cooler than intel chips will run for damn sure) but tell me what you think of the TV in a TV :D

Attachments

• IMG_20121216_012530_944.jpg
    IMG_20121216_012530_944.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20121216_012519_324.jpg
    IMG_20121216_012519_324.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 70
As a former computer modder myself, that is pretty damn sweet.

These days, all the shooting leaves me with no computer money LOL

I used to watercool back in the early 2000's (before I enlisted). It's nice when you don't have to move the rig around often!

I've always used fans on the side as well, it's just a matter of directing the air internally. I needed them to keep the video card cool (didn't WC that). I miss doing that kind of stuff, maybe once I'm out of school.

thanks, my video for some reason came out to almost 4GB so i'm letting it convert... you know until my last MOBO that the guy who's worked for me gave me i've never even OC'ed a PC before, I have always built mine from parts people are throwing away so i've never had annything fast at all but a while back when water cooling the old lanparty mobo i mistakenly let safety wire go into the PSU and i woke up a hile later with a headache,, burn marks on my hand and a PC that wouldn't do anything at all LOL

So i pawned my PS3, some stuff from my painting busioness i no longer needed and bought what i thought was just "enough to get by" but locally i got the althlon ii x4 645 CPU and a gigabyte MOBO (only has one PCIe 16 slot and one pci 1x and one PCI oldschool slot each) but it'senough for me reeally

what i didn't know what that the CPU and mobo were almost top iof the line and was the first time my PC wasn't something about 10 years behind the rest of the world.. since i video edit there's no need to \\water cool my GPU, but it would be cool to say i did it...

I was lucky that my mobo had ATi graphics imbedded and that my gifted graphics card was alsot ATI so i could use asurround view, and although ntot setup that way (as one big monitor) i am uing the twp deskl monitors i always have used as well as the 32" LG LED TV I got a while back when my shiba 36" tube tv finally crapped it's pants after 12 years of good service...

coputers have some a LONG way since my last one (amd sempron 2.0 ghz, in a compaq mobo, with AGP graphics) LOL talking outdated to be used in 2012 LOL

but my new system makes me happty with a wei scoring (and i know i'ts about meaningless in terms of real workd POC performance) but i score as follows

CPU 7.5
RAM 7.5
win Aero graphics 6.9
3d game graphics 6.9
hard drives perf. 5.9 now (was 7.6 before an update that makes all non SSD drive tiop out at 5.9) I can get 6 and above when i wipe it and just install win7 and run the assesment, but before the update that lowered it to make room for SSD's i was scoring 7.6 on a seagate 1Tb 7200RPM drive with 64Mb cahce

before this the best i had was a 4.3 on my best laptop built fro parts people gave me LOL :D

my laptop scores:

stupid laptop.
extreme i7, 8gb ram and twin 5870's

Hehe, I still have a rig built around a Thunderbird core and an AGP card out in the garage! Circa 2004! LOL

my laptop scores:

stupid laptop.
extreme i7, 8gb ram and twin 5870's

gawdamn! did it cost you your first born or what :LOL

Mine is ok, but danm, i know fist hand it takes a LOT to satisfy WEI scores, especially inwindows aero.....

Forgot to mention my desktop is 16gb of ddr3 (love how cheap this ish is)

Project_tsi, how about some details on the build.. CPU, RAM< overclocking? graphics card(s) and hard drive you're using..

I can still fake my way up much higher by doing a bare bones windows install (no updates) thenrunning it right away and the HDD will get a 7.6 again, but my windows aero will be my lowest at 6.9 then (cars is a ATI bsed XFX 6750 (based on the old 5770 with new firmware, minor other changes and directx 11 and DC 5support ) ....or I can hack the WEI registry entry to get what i want it to be. and as i said, anyone can tell you that the WEI is no where nea reliable for a real be nchmarking of hardware, but i figure since it's hard to please i'd use it to my own satisfaction

Hell, lets change the basis of this thread since it's mine, post your builds specs, WEI and some pics of it.. I love seeing other people PC's and what they've done to show their inner nerd LOL (now I know some of you grew up with a PC in your house, i had a commadore 64 as a kid LOL, and got my first older apple when i was 21 years old and this is my 2nd only built/bought from new parts PC. all the rest of have been pieced together from what friends were getting rid of

Because having one monitor for TV shows wasn't good enough!

That is such a funny mod dude. Props to you.

exactly.. but what i really envisioned was to have my gadgets running down there or some of the utilities for the graphics card or something.. but sinc ei couldn't get the VGA to RCA converter to be seen as a display i've had no way to hook it up to the PC and get it going...

What i want to do at this point though is have it alternate between PC gasets/stats to showing loops of raw gopro footage from my bikes lower mounts that just show the front or rear wheels , just basically some overdosage of media

21st century digital boy........song has become only more relevant to my life as i've aged.... except i do know how to read LOL

How about everyone post the detailed stats rfom their WEi score if posting their WEI i would like to see just to learn about what scores how well compared to the limited hardware i'v ebeen able to use to get where i am

here's mine

Attachments

• tunersPCstats.jpg
    tunersPCstats.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
My build isn't much of a build. Best buy special ASUS G73 with an extra 2gb ram (8 total) and a 128gb SSD primary HDD. And a hacked version of win7 ultimate. My hdd transfer rate was a 5. something before the ssd swap.

i wonder how a laptop 5800 series scores higher than a desktop 6700 series

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and yes it did cost a stupid high amount of money.

btw, the CPU actually runs at 3.55 Ghz not 2.13 LOL

this is what i've scored in actual benchmarks

3Dmark 06: 20231
3Dmark Vantage: 15290
3Dmark11: 4353

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's because of the power savings features.. I noticed from the GPU monitor gadget that when it's testing the graphics performance i'm not gettting anywhere near the clocks from the card that it can hit when being used normally.. also you have a lot more memory dedicated and shared to your\ graphics card than i do.. These are just my gueses if you have any tips i'd be glad to try em out... My CPU is also running at 3.8ghz most of the time and the GPU is only running at about 700mhz (matching the onboard GPU and discrete gpu clocks ) none of the graphics parts are OC'd

but hell i'd love to score higher.. I've read up on the card i ha\ve a lot and it's said to be the 5000 series just with a few changes and this one doesn't have dual DVI ports, it just has one DVi dual link, one display port (useless port ) and one HDMI port.. I woulld have to try disabling the onboard GPU and re-assessing the score that way maybe (not that i can prove having the onboar dna ddiscrete active hurts anything though)

I'll be honest i'm no computer guru at all, i just get by on what i know, read and learn each day :D

Dude it would be awesome to have the CPU/RAM monitor widget thing that you can put on your desktop that comes with Windows 7 be on that screen. It would be like a digital gauge for your PC.

Badass.

that was my exact plans, to have CPU usage and temps along with some other widgets that monitor the graphics card and HDD's

then i found a utility from AMD that's just sweet looking as all hell that i would like to put there but it isn't compatible wioth my graphics cardd.. All i need to find to make that a reality is a way to have a detecable display of sorts that was available as an RCA output (or even Ss-video)

I also thought it would be sweet to have something like Go-pro POV footage running from motogp or F1 racing (sort of like the really old pioneer CD decks that had a screensaver on them showing race footage and such)

I'll see if i can find a pic of that AMD utility (called overclock guru II )

Well, I couldn't hold back, being less than 30 days having the graphics card and dissapointment in the WEI score it was giving up i returned the old card, added 34 dolalrs and upgraded (gotta love the best-buy "returns card" ) :D

here's the newest score, HDD data rate doesn't mean enough to me to force an SSD upgrade, so i'll be content with the low 5.9 base score, and love the straight 7.5's across the board for now LOL

Attachments

• 75small.jpg
    75small.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 35
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back