The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G I'm getting bored. What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
Should I save the $1200 to eventually get the talon when the guy decides to meet up?
Or should I spend the $1200 on this engine to drop into a car one day?

So a few weeks ago I was suppose to pick up a 91 talon tsi and as far as I know I still am eventually. I keep trying to meet the guy and he keeps coming up with excuses and not replying to my text for several days. I was suppose to meet him friday at 9 am and he claimed to get busy and left his phone at home on the charger, then I was suppose to meet him saturday around evening time and he never replied until I asked him what the deal was he then said he was sitting on the interstate exit broke down.

But anyways I still have something to keep me occupied until he decides to stop wasting my time. This is my 6 bolt out of my 90 gst that I'm probably just going to start building and have a 500 HP reliable daily driver engine sitting in my garage ready to drop into a AWD dsm when I get one sooner or later. Kind of just seeing how things look as it's been completely apart for a year now and I'm not sure what all parts I need to get it back to a complete engine, so for now I will continue to mock up more stuff on it!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We'll the decision is yours, it seems like your really want AWD (as do I :ohdamn:) but also seems like you what to spend that money haha. But if it where up to me, until I got a definitive NO from the seller. I would keep the money. As I have learned over the years you semi regret not getting something you want after you decide other wise because something else seems like a good idea.

The motor is their, the car isn't. Is it running? The one your going to buy that is?

You can always spend a hundo hear and their to piece together your parts, and add the hundred back on pay check or whatever. This is what I would do, as I kept the 1200 and still eventually will get both. :thumb:

Nice looking motor, like the color scheme

Read if you want,
but I love bikes. Really wanted a 01-03 cbr f4i. I got first bike at 17 a f1 hurricane quickly got underpowered for me, then a f2 that was built by owner and sold to me, thing was nasty for a 600. Then got a f4 for cheap, flipped and now a 900rr instead of my f4i, as I thought I would enjoy it more. I am about to trade this for a f4i finally after 8 years of jumping on the first thing that pleased my mind. So you really want a AWD wait and keep the money and get it. I could never wait and spent my money I had for a f4i and got something suitable for time being, AWD 1gs are hard to find so keep bugging him until it's. YeS or NO.

I paid 1080 for my glorified motor, transmission and transfer case stand. And by that I mean the car runs great, looks? Not so much. Is it a rusted pile of junk that will probably collapse if I went faster than 60? Yes. But am I looking for a shell to put her guts into? Yes. I regret not saving my money and just buying a better 1g but alas, I made my choice.

Just got off work and I already have a porsche 944 as my daily driver so it's not very important right now. And the talon I'm trying to get isn't running reason why it's only $1200 but the body is a 9/10 no rust and it's 100% stock and 100% complete. It overheated on the guy and has been parked for 3 years so all I'd have to do is replace the head gasket, water pump and I'd do the timing belt while I'm at it because I already have all those parts.

But by the way things are going with trying to meet the guy it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting it even though he keeps saying we can meet this and that day, so I figured it's been 3 weeks now playing cat and mouse with this guy so why not move on and do something productive with my current engine and have it ready for when I do eventually get a awd dsm.

But then again you guys are right about going to regret not waiting it out and see what the guy finally decides I just wish I could meet and get it over with I already have the cash and a blank bill of sale ready for him to sign.

IMHO, and im not saying do your other option by spending the money. I would forget about the other guy, something to me doesn't sound right about the guy, but thats me not trusting most people. I would hold that money like most posters before me said and wait for another car to roll around. If you have a daily already then no rush to get another. I would hold the 1200 you have now and add some here and there 20 bucks this week, maybe 50 the next, etc.

IMHO, and im not saying do your other option by spending the money. I would forget about the other guy, something to me doesn't sound right about the guy, but thats me not trusting most people. I would hold that money like most posters before me said and wait for another car to roll around. If you have a daily already then no rush to get another. I would hold the 1200 you have now and add some here and there 20 bucks this week, maybe 50 the next, etc.

Yea I don't like how he is acting but the car is so clean it's stock and only has 116k on the odometer it's hard to just pass up and one of my main goals was to find a 100% stock car so that I could build on it. More then likely I'm just going to start looking for a 2g gsx roller so I can drop my 6 bolt into it.

I love bikes. Really wanted a 01-03 cbr f4i. I got first bike at 17 a f1 hurricane quickly got underpowered for me, then a f2 that was built by owner and sold to me, thing was nasty for a 600. Then got a f4 for cheap, flipped and now a 900rr instead of my f4i, as I thought I would enjoy it more. I am about to trade this for a f4i finally after 8 years of jumping on the first thing that pleased my mind. So you really want a AWD wait and keep the money and get it. I could never wait and spent my money I had for a f4i and got something suitable for time being, AWD 1gs are hard to find so keep bugging him until it's. YeS or NO.

Just sold my 2000 CBR929 last week to fund ECMLink (here tomorrow, finally!) Fun bike. I always liked the 900's fox eyes

The easiest thing to do when buying a car is to purchase someone else's problem. My bet... the guy paid $300 to a friend to fix a $1200 problem... and the "friend" has better things to do.

Right or wrong, it doesn't sound like the car is available.

If this is your first DSM, I would buy a running vehicle. Save your money for 6 more months and buy the one you want.

The easiest thing to do when buying a car is to purchase someone else's problem. My bet... the guy paid $300 to a friend to fix a $1200 problem... and the "friend" has better things to do.

Right or wrong, it doesn't sound like the car is available.

If this is your first DSM, I would buy a running vehicle. Save your money for 6 more months and buy the one you want.

It would've been my second one but I've decided to just build my 6 bolt engine and have it look pretty in the garage. I already have $1800 worth of new OEM and aftermarket parts for it and in a few weeks I'll be buying eagle rods and manley 8.5:1 85.5mm pistons along with rebuilding the head. Going to have around $3,000 in the engine alone by the time I'm done with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back