The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 2gNT SRT4 swap in my 95 Eclipse GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacobgr

Probationary Member
Nov 14, 2021
Ottawa, ON_Canada
I’ve seen another post about this from 2011 and ive read all 12 pages to a dead conversation with no final result so here I am finally trying to do this swap if you guys have any info for what’s best for engine wiring and ecu please let me know !
Motors is ready to be set in the car but will put it back when all paint and body work is done. Here’s a picture of the motor and my motor mounts set up

(motor currently out)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Also was running standalone sds system but it’s not my thing and haven’t gotten it running with it.
So I’m switching it up the the haltech elite 550
With there kit for the premium wiring harness
What do you guys think

Good luck getting that rear mounted turbo manifold to hook up to the rest of the exhaust system LOL. I'd love to see how many pieces of pipe it would take to connect to the Eclipse exhaust system post-cat, let alone how much it would take to go full custom from header back.

In terms of what you should do for tuning, I don't think many of us would know much about it. Maybe @dustyboner can give some insight on the chance he's ever touched an SRT4 🤔

Good luck getting that rear mounted turbo manifold to hook up to the rest of the exhaust system LOL. I'd love to see how many pieces of pipe it would take to connect to the Eclipse exhaust system post-cat, let alone how much it would take to go full custom from header back.

In terms of what you should do for tuning, I don't think many of us would know much about it. Maybe @dustyboner can give some insight on the chance he's ever touched an SRT4 🤔
Not sure what the op has planned but there’s a thing called hood exit in case there’s no room.

Haven't been there in awhile but i part shopped on Modernperfomance for a bunch of my parts.
Might be some stuff still there. Top notch quality everything i ever got. Plus a good billet shift selector to get rid of the junk factory one if you are using the original transmission.

Haven't been there in awhile but i part shopped on Modernperfomance for a bunch of my parts.
Might be some stuff still there. Top notch quality everything i ever got. Plus a good billet shift selector to get rid of the junk factory one if you are using the original transmission.
Yes there’s lots of cool stuff on there but right now Im about to prep the car for paint for this winter and making everything nice I’m not too worried about bolt on and custom fab stuff mostly worried about wiring but I think I could be able with the haltech 550 elite and the custom harness... so hope for the best!
What do you think of this paint color?

here’s an update ! Motor mounts are done as good as it will get for now!

Yeah i definitely dig the color.:thumb:
I just brought up the Modernperfomance site mostly for the shift selector. The stock one gets damaged very easy and when it does it will feel like the transmission is going out.

Yeah i definitely dig the color.:thumb:
I just brought up the Modernperfomance site mostly for the shift selector. The stock one gets damaged very easy and when it does it will feel like the transmission is going out.
When I had the motor in I tired my gears and everything seemed smooth so if there anything it will be useful thanks lots !

I have one I am working on also. It's good to see I am not alone on this quest. I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe we can share knowledge. I know about the tuning side of an srt4. My knowledge is lacking on the DSM side, however. I am not going to lie, the wiring is kicking my ass. I ended up running the entire srt engine and dash harness that I modified along with the factory pcm. A standalone would be MUCH easier but the srt4 doesnt have much for tuning support. The issue now is I need to modify the DSM body harness and its nothing short of a nightmare. Using the Haltech and a custom engine harness in the end I think will be much easier for you than what I've got going on.

I have one I am working on also. It's good to see I am not alone on this quest. I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe we can share knowledge. I know about the tuning side of an srt4. My knowledge is lacking on the DSM side, however. I am not going to lie, the wiring is kicking my ass. I ended up running the entire srt engine and dash harness that I modified along with the factory pcm. A standalone would be MUCH easier but the srt4 doesnt have much for tuning support. The issue now is I need to modify the DSM body harness and its nothing short of a nightmare. Using the Haltech and a custom engine harness in the end I think will be much easier for you than what I've got going on.
Same here figuring as I go I’ll keep you updated if any questions don’t be shy!

before you get any ecu, make sure that it will run off of the stock cam and crank sensors. alot of them won't. you have to add a trigger wheel.

it looks like linkG4x supports the stock sensors

for the haltech you have to go with the elite 1000 or 1500 if you want a plug and play but thats as much as i know about haltech on an srt4.

you might hit up
kinnettic kreations
they can make you a harness for any ecu you want to run and they would know if you would need to add a crank trigger wheel.

before you get any ecu, make sure that it will run off of the stock cam and crank sensors. alot of them won't. you have to add a trigger wheel.

it looks like linkG4x supports the stock sensors

for the haltech you have to go with the elite 1000 or 1500 if you want a plug and play but thats as much as i know about haltech on an srt4.

you might hit up
kinnettic kreations
they can make you a harness for any ecu you want to run and they would know if you would need to add a crank trigger wheel.
I was looking at Link but it looks like it's only the wire in version. Out of everything wiring seems to be the biggest challenge so far.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back