The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

I'm being Sued!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBstar

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2004
Jackson, Michigan
Anyone every heard of Bell Corporation of America Subrogation Recovery Services???
Anyways I rear ended an older guy about 2 months ago. A while before my eighteenth birthday. The man said he was fine and signed a waiver saying he was ok. However I just received a letter from the above corporation saying something about he's sueing me for 3400 bucks. I live in Michigan whatever happened to no fault insurance is what I thought. Well now it looks like I'm going to have to check into it and probably end up in court paying lawyer fee's and all that other stuff. I'm in college, was looking at buying a new 1G dsm and selling my other car to fund it. Now it looks like i'm going to be so far in the hole I'm not going to be able to hardly afford college. much less a vehicle to drive there. So anyone know anything about this Bell corporation or had something similir happen???

I always thought because of our stupid "no fault" dealy here we are limited to a $500 lawsuit if its blatantly somebodys fault. As in, you have only pl/pd. Somebody runs a redlight and hits you, you can ONLY sue for $500.
I guess someone in this day and age could sue privately for injuries or something. Must be the case. Hopefully somebody else would know if its legal here.

I thought PL/PD insurance covered things like this. The lawsuit should be going to your insurance company, not you personally. I was involved in a hit-and-run about 3 years ago...My buddies and I were drivin and got t-boned by what I'm guessing was a drunk driver. We were goin about 65 and flipped the car numerous times. During the flipping, we took out a mailbox. The owner of the mailbox wanted to sue us to get it replaced...I was pissed. Here I am just loosing a brand new car and someone is complaing about something as petty as a mailbox?? Anyways, I told my insurance company and they handled everything...I don't even know exactly what they did, but I didn't have to pay any lawyer costs or court fees. I'd call your insurance agent and tell them...I thought that was the whole point of having insurance.

Quasimondo said:
You DO still have that waver, don't you?

Wouldn't that be included in the police report? Every accident my friends have been in required the police to fill out a damage/injury report.

blackGSX2g said:
I thought PL/PD insurance covered things like this. The lawsuit should be going to your insurance company, not you personally. I was involved in a hit-and-run about 3 years ago...My buddies and I were drivin and got t-boned by what I'm guessing was a drunk driver. We were goin about 65 and flipped the car numerous times. During the flipping, we took out a mailbox. The owner of the mailbox wanted to sue us to get it replaced...I was pissed. Here I am just loosing a brand new car and someone is complaing about something as petty as a mailbox?? Anyways, I told my insurance company and they handled everything...I don't even know exactly what they did, but I didn't have to pay any lawyer costs or court fees. I'd call your insurance agent and tell them...I thought that was the whole point of having insurance.

Damn thats harsh, Id have gone back after it was replaced and dropped in a dry ice bomb :thumb:

Defiant said:
Call your insurance company. It's for them to deal with.
Exactly. Some liar ass #### sued my girlfriend 1 yr after a VERY MINOR accident. The girl that sued her was really really nice at the scene, even bought my girl coffee then sued for $25,000. WTF! My girl let her insurance company know and that was that. The stupid whore lost by the way.

find out where he lives and kill him.
i'm an ass when it comes to lawsuits. i ####ing hate them. people in America are looking for an easy way out. a minor vehicle accident is the way to go. get rearended then sue the person that hit you saying you cricked your neck. my response; come her f*cker i'll really crick your neck for you.

[Still, we do capitalize it here.]

You would not have 2 pay anything ur INSREUCE has laywer for you incase something like this every happen call ur insurence and tell them ur being sued and let them take care of it your insurence should cover all of it

Masteer E 25 said:
You would not have 2 pay anything ur INSREUCE has laywer for you incase something like this every happen call ur insurence and tell them ur being sued and let them take care of it your insurence should cover all of it
THis is your second warning for AOL speak. You will not get a third.

Unless the laws are different in your state, you can't be sued since you were under eighteen at the time of the accident, unless you were whats called an emancipated minor (meaning you lived on your own away from your parents). Either way, check with your insurance company and you might want to get a free consult from an attorney. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Good Luck....

Yeah I guess I'll have to talk to my insurance. I've talked to other people about it too and they're saying the same thing. Hopefully they'll take care of it. And yeah the guy signed a waiver at the scene saying he was alright so I know he can't sue me for any physical ailments or whatever. As far as his vehicle I don't even think the rear bumper was cracked. His hitch was bent down a little and his backup light sensors were broken. I don't see how that adds up to 3400 but who knows. I should've taken pictures of the accident or something. Maybe he wanted his back end painted cause the paint began to chip or something. anyways yeah I'm going to talk to the insurance company I'll fill you all in later.

I like ldstang50's idea. Simply, tear the very life from within his body aka, slit his throat.
Man I'm tired :rolleyes:

--Kyle :talon:

95eclipseGST008 said:
Damn thats harsh, Id have gone back after it was replaced and dropped in a dry ice bomb :thumb:

Yea, no kidding...here I am standing next to a heap of metal and glass that somewhat resembles a car thats being lifted up by a crane and the guy has the balls to come up and as about his crappy mailbox. :mad:

I agree, lawsuits suck..only winners there are the lawyers. I called my insurance agent today and he said that anything that results from an accident should be handled by your insurance agency. Even the lowest driving insurance policy available covers you from lawsuits as a result of personal or property damage. Hopefully that'll help you relax a bit, not really your problem to deal with once you hand it off.

bigemrich said:
I like ldstang50's idea. Simply, tear the very life from within his body aka, slit his throat.
Man I'm tired :rolleyes:

--Kyle :talon:

that's a big 10-4 buddy

Sorry about the long wait there guys. Been running around making more phone calls then the president. No I had to talk to the collection agency. Then my dad's insurance. (its actually his car and his insurance I just pay for it all) then to the insurance I'm supposed to be under as a secondary driver ( I found out my mom actually dropped me off the insurance without me knowing about it) Then back to his insurance. I think everything is taken care of now though. His insurance said they would contact my dad's insurance and settle everything. I haven't received any phone calls or letters since so hopefully this means its taken care of. At least till they raise my insurance again.

SBstar said:
I haven't received any phone calls or letters since so hopefully this means its taken care of. At least till they raise my insurance again.
They won't do that. They'll just drop you like a live grenade and toss you in the Assigned Risk pool for half a decade.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back