The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G I'm back in the DSM club!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricMike

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2021
Detroit (Clinton Twp.), Michigan
Hey everyone! About to pick up a project on Saturday! Had a '97 auto gst back in high school about 20 years ago. This one is a '96 5 speed gst, motor and trans are out of the car, and it comes with everything needed for an AWD swap. It's definitely going to be some work but I'm looking forward to it. I've had a few really nice (non-dsm) projects over the years but I've always missed my old eclipse. Anyway, I have a lot of parts, crates of stuff, the engine on a stand, and the body to haul on a trailer on Saturday so any recommendations on the transport would be appreciated... Especially the engine on the stand, not exactly sure how to do that yet.

When I did this about a year ago I took my car trailer with a winch in the front because I work hard enough during the week. You could use a come along if you needed but will take some effort and time.

I took my engine hoist also and hoisted both motors and transmissions into the back of the truck with it and set them in junk tires and strapped them up after putting big trash bags over them all(it was raining a little). I had my cousin with me so it was probably an hour ordeal loading everything up. I would just take the motor off the stand till I got home if I were you.
-Daniel

Last edited:
When I did this about a year ago I took my car trailer with a winch in the front because I work hard enough during the week. You could you a come along if you needed but will take some effort and time.

I took my engine hoist also and hoisted both motors and transmissions into the back of the truck with it and set them in junk tires and strapped them up after putting big trash bags over them all(it was raining a little). I had my cousin with me so it was probably an hour ordeal loading everything up. I would just take the motor off the stand till I got home if I were you.
-Daniel
Fortunately the trailer my buddy is letting me borrow has a winch so I'm with you there. The last engine I moved was out of a '66 Cadillac and I was nervous enough about that thing breaking the engine stand just rolling it around in the garage so I wasn't sure about leaving the 4g63 on there since it's lighter weight. But I'll probably take your advice and remove it for transport unless anyone else has a better idea.

The 4gs aren’t that heavy. First time I bought a 4g my cousin, buddy and I just lifted it up into the back of 2nd gen Cummins (also onto a junk tire) That was also 10 years ago and I have become lazy sometimes since. I like the tire because it will protect the oil pan and give it something to cushion the bottom when strapping it down.

-Daniel

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back