The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

IHI VF34 In Dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pantaREi

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
Turkiye
I'm thinkin to use IHI VF34 in my Gsx.Its about $ 750.00 and more powerfull from B16G.

It can fit to our manifold with little changes.

IHI-VF34
Type: Roller Bearing
A/R Ratio: .63
Wastegate Actuator: C484
Compressor Specs:
Outside Inlet Diameter: 60mm
Inside Inlet Diameter: 47.9mm
Wheel Blades: 6
Turbine Specs:
Turbine housing: 9.4 PZ18-H
Turbine: 94001
Turbine Blades: 11

Originally posted by GSX4LIFE
Why? For about the same you can get a 50trim bolt on. And it will bea Garrett, not an IHI.
Yeah and you wont have to get a custom o2 housing :thumb:

i dont have much experience with the IHI's but i figure if they were such great turbos all the WRX customers that call me for turbo upgrades want 16g's, not the lower priced IHI turbo. just from my experience.

Originally posted by 14.5 drift
the ihi will spool much sooner and the t3/t4 requires a new mani
Bolt on 50 trim wont require a new manifold. Everything I have ever seen out of the IHI turbos out of the WRX community would make me NEVER want to put one on.

Big16Gs have gone 115+ in MANY cars what has the V34 done? Nothing.

Even Ben agrees with you.

OMG OMG OMG OMG holy crap Ben too..... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: thats awesome!

i would be curious to see how this turbo would perform on a DSM, however i wouldnt expect too much. if you notice alot of the WRX community (atleast the ones contacting me) are looking for Garrett kits.

Here's my take on the subject. There are plenty of other solutions that will net better results. Oh, and those other solutions you can get parts for. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back