The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ignition timing question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
Ok so, I just rebuilt and installed my 6 bolt motor. I'm setting the base timing, and just for shits and giggles, I pointed the timing light at the cam marks. The intake cam is retarded like 3 cogs with the timing light? Should the cam marks line up, like when your checking mechanical timing? Fwiw I am using a black top cas, and put it on with all the timing marks lined up. The car does seem to run fine except for smelling a little rich. I don't have a wide band yet but I'm running the car stock for the exception of a small 16g. I do know how to ground and adjust the base timing via vfaq. I just wanted to know if this was normal. Thanks.

Did a little more researching and figured it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back