The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ignition harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casp3rtech

Probationary Member
Jan 23, 2013
Frederiksted, Puerto_Rico
Hey there everyone, I have a question and request. Does anyone here have a remote start that actually works? I have a viper 5901 and everything works but the remote start. I have tried everything but it only starts when the key is in and in tje on position. The previous owner has a alarm and some wires was cut. Is it posible for someone to send a photo on their ignition harness? I have a 97 eclipse and its stock. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I might just burn this car. Lol I have also checked out the wire guide on here and every where else and still does not start. No guide works. Thanks so much

Are you saying if the key is in the on position and you hit the remote start button it starts? If the key is out can you hear it click when the button is pressed? Do you have a turbo timer installed?

The Viper 5901 has on-board turbo timer. When the key is in the on position it will start but it will keep trying to start. I believe I have to make the alarm learn the Tach, something like that it says in the book. But without the key, nothing happens. No click, no lights in the dash, nada.

I managed to figure out the problem. Previous owner had an alarm installed and I'm not sure why they did what they did but my remote start is working now. Turned out that there was two relays hooked up to ignition 1 and was controlled by the old alarm I guess. If anyone needs help on this, let me know. I am also working on a mechanism to help prevent starting the car while in gear. Seems like many people end up having this mistake.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back