The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

if your gonna delete my posts, delete my account.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do really hope that @dustyboner does not leave the site. He is very valuable to this forum but also his avatar is what keeps me getting up in the mornings. His reaction though is, to me, exactly why we have the rules and why certain topics should not be touched upon in a dedicated site like this. I am definitely one of those persons that comes to this site to NOT deal with those topics and it's a relief to know I will not be bombarded with "hot button" topics. I literally have a FB account just for my car, and only to find car parts/vehicles on marketplace. Whenever I want to discuss politics, religion etc I go somewhere dedicated for that. Imagine popping into a reddit page on religion and asking which fpr they prefer while running double row 2150cc injectors. Works both ways. I am very confident @Ludachris and @dustyboner will work this out between themselves and this site will continue to be as productive as it always has been.
I see both sides of it, are you an adult? if you are then you can certainly choose not to read or respond to "hot button" topics if they bother you so much, put it this way, no one has ever gotten me involved in a topic that I didnt want to be involved in, if certain commercials come on my tv that I dont want to see or that I dont believe in, guess what I do? yep, thats what the clicker is for, the bottom line is that no one can anger you if you choose not to be angered/offended, you do it to yourself. At the same time I do understand not wanting to use bandwidth for things that are not productive to the subject at hand on single subject based forums like this one, but then AGAIN in the "hangout" or "off topic" section, there should be essentially no rules in my opinion, enter those places at your own risk, if your easily offended or a snowflake then stay out of those areas right? many of the forums that I frequent have "hangout" or "off topic" areas that allow political talk, etc and they are still there, no one hates anyone for it, etc. This site is not mine, so I dont make the rules, I just go along with what the rules are.

Were you born in the 50’s? :p they’re called remotes, boomer. :p
No, the word for it depends on what area of the country you are from boomer, just like it either soda, pop, or cola depending on the area you live in, here the controller for the tv is called a clicker. And btw if either of us is a "boomer" it would certainly be you over me I assure you.:nono:

No, the word for it depends on what area of the country you are from boomer, just like it either soda, pop, or cola depending on the area you live in, here the controller for the tv is called a clicker. And btw if either of us is a "boomer" it would certainly be you over me I assure you.:nono:

Don’t make me break my hip at you.

Also: like I said on the huge war zone thread that was the “what’s your name for soda” thread on ‘Talk, it’s all called Coke. Soda is acceptable sometimes.

Don’t make me break my hip at you.

Also: like I said on the huge war zone thread that was the “what’s your name for soda” thread on ‘Talk, it’s all called Coke. Soda is acceptable sometimes.
Fyi its "pop" around here, New Jersey people call it "soda".

Just dropping in to say anyone who disagrees with the looseness of the current site staffing wouldn't have lasted three posts under Defiant's rule. Long live The King.
I miss Defiant, my experience was short lived since I think he left in 09-10. What Wiseman took Defiant's user profile pictures and photoshopped there car over it?

I just spent time reading through comments left on Defiant's profile, pure gold. https://www.dsmtuners.com/members/defiant.11688/

are you an adult? if you are then you can certainly choose not to read or respond to "hot button" topics if they bother you so much
If only that's how it usually played out in the real world. If it did, all the "adults" on social media would be living in harmonious bliss right now. There would be no need for moderators in forums. Marketers wouldn't use click bait triggers for headlines to attract clicks. Memes wouldn't be so damned popular. There wouldn't be such a massively deep divide in society if people chose to not respond to topics that bother them. Discourse, it seems, is very much like an endangered species.

But alas, humans are drawn to conflict and train wrecks. The average person rarely makes the choice to catch themselves before reacting to something someone else says that is disagreeable - hell, some people enjoy arguing and chaos, they love getting a rise out of others. But all of that ends up detracting from a community like this and pushes people away over time. I've seen it happen. It's a social experiment that I'd rather not participate in, as I watch the rest of the world burn. Hopefully my unwillingness to open the flood gates to the chaos isn't something that triggers too many people.

If only that's how it usually played out in the real world. If it did, all the "adults" on social media would be living in harmonious bliss right now. There would be no need for moderators in forums. Marketers wouldn't use click bait triggers for headlines to attract clicks. Memes wouldn't be so damned popular. There wouldn't be such a massively deep divide in society if people chose to not respond to topics that bother them. Discourse, it seems, is very much like an endangered species.

But alas, humans are drawn to conflict and train wrecks. The average person rarely makes the choice to catch themselves before reacting to something someone else says that is disagreeable - hell, some people enjoy arguing and chaos, they love getting a rise out of others. But all of that ends up detracting from a community like this and pushes people away over time. I've seen it happen. It's a social experiment that I'd rather not participate in, as I watch the rest of the world burn. Hopefully my unwillingness to open the flood gates to the chaos isn't something that triggers too many people.

Fact is this, like it or not DSMTuners is essentially private property/place of business. You don’t have to like it, but rules are rules here.

If I have a restaurant and want to require you to not wear orange, you have to oblige to come into my restaurant. You also do not have to patronize my restaurant either. You can just not go there. That is YOUR freedom. The whole “if you don’t like it don’t participate in it” works both ways.

But while you’re here, thems the rules.

Jeebus. Chris puts his time and effort into this site so that we all can enjoy it. It's his house, his rules.

That said, he often gives us a lot of leeway. I'm probably all for what OP posted....in theory, just not in here.

The good thing about this site is that we can all talk about, dissect, and complain about these cars. This is a good escape from Facepage where all of that crap runs rampant 24/7...well, at least the stuff THEY allow.

This isn't the public sector. This isn't government owned.

If you're truly an advocate of the First Amendment, you should start by learning what it actually means/encompasses.

It is *NOT* carte blanche to say whatever you want on private forums....this is what OP seems to be missing.

End point.

Chris made his position clear. Why is anyone else still chiming in?

Can we please lock this and move on?

Have a great day guys!
Good point. I just wanted to leave it open to have a little discussion about it so that some questions could be answered. I'll close it now. I've already PM'd dustyboner about it. Hope to hear from him privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back