The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

If you won 100 Million, Would you continue driving your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

why 100m? Why not say, 600m like the powerball winning. The winning ticket was sold ten minutes from my house and its rumored to have been won by a 26 year old crack head which is believable around here. But with that money, i'd have a 2000hp dsm.

dude with that amount of money he can afford to live on his own island made of snow/nose candy!

Why 100M? Why not say, 600M like the Powerball winning. The winning ticket was sold ten minutes from my house and its rumored to have been won by a 26 year old crack head which is believable around here. But with that money, I'd have a 2000hp dsm.

Its always crack heads or rich people who win.

Even though his point was moot because the question was "If you won 100 Million, Would you continue driving your DSM?" not "If you won 1 Million, Would you continue driving your DSM?", I think his point was that 1 million would not justify spending $200k on a car. If you think about it $1 Million could be spent insanely quick if you are unable to demonstrate a bit of constraint. with $1 Million I would much rather spend up to $100k MAX (probably $70k) on splurging for desired items, ridding myself of all debt other than my mortgage, then I would focus on investments. Buying multi unit rental properties, maybe some small angel investments ($30-40k total @ ~ $10k/startup), i think those would be a decent start.

Yeah exactly. A million isnt really that much anymore. Atfer taxes, then paying off your house/car notes, school loans, clearing whatever dept you have im betting their wouldnt be all that much left.

Certainly not enough to justify spending 80% of it on a car. All though i wouldn't doubt most people would.

The lotto winner's horror stories are most much common then the success stories.

With $1 mil id grab a base model c7 maybe add some basic bolts ons. With $100mil aventador all the way haha.

Oh yeah true, with 1 million id purchase a GTR whuddup haha. I like the shop ideas and a DSM team. But I would most definitely get rental properties. Also, with 300 million I could probably bribe my way into meeting Jennifer Lawrence, I'm going to marry her one day. #Dreaming

I doubt she charges that much, im sure $1mil would get er done dictator style. :sneaky:

now that i have a kid the m5 would be an excellent choice. (

or a minivan :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A helicopter that shoots mike and Ike's out of dual mini guns! :)

Buy everyone's house and property in my small town, fire the city council and put I a giant parking lot. Get my own tv show called Spencer's hillbilly fantasy lot. Haha and do insane shit.

Take that rob dyrdek ya jerk. :D

Oh and pay someone to follow me around with a window unit so I can stay cool.

Oh, and buy the duck commander factory so I can send the jobs overseas!

IM Kidding!!!!!

Sorry, it would go to my head. But I wouldn't care! I can buy new friends. Take that kanye west ya jerk!!!

I'd keep mine and drive it once in a while. My 99 has been too good to me to get rid of. Coming up on 254K and it just keeps chugging along. It'd be completely redone and upgraded. I wouldn't drive it every day because I'd have about 60 other cars I want to drive as well. But, it'd be in the garage/warehouse along with my other cars.

I would 100% keep my dsm!! I drive them because i love them not because there cheap or im forced too! First thing i would do is buy every body style ever made and get them all atleast into the 9s then with my 1g i have now i would go into a build with a shop and make as much hp as possible.

Then when the car is done id travel the country and world with the car racing the fastest street cars from each city making EVERYONE respect dsm's one race at a time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell no I wouldn't keep mine, but i'd upgrade. A 1999 white eclipse gsx, with black interior and white gauges. A matching spyder with an awd swap. Also through in a 99 vr4 and an awd talon spyder. Don't forget the veilside rx7, gtr and an r34 :rocks:

The lotto winner's horror stories are most much common then the success stories.

Yeah I've heard stories about how the majority of lottery winners end up in more debt than before and lose their family and friends. If I were to ever win id tell them not to make my name public. Most states don't allow that privacy but luckily Kansas does.

I doubt she charges that much, im sure $1mil would get er done dictator style. :sneaky:

Haha best thing I've read in a while, now if anybody wants to start donating for my cause, go on ahead LOL..

And if that 600 million powerball winner was a crackhead, can you imagine him trying to comprehend what he just won?

And my DSM would own the streets and like that one guy said before, make everybody respect DSMs ha

Who here is going to be honest and say they bought a DSM because it was simply a cool car they could AFFORD, and not because it was something they lusted after since they were a little girl?

Maybe pick one up for nostaligia's sake, but to have 100 mil and still desire a DSM is borderline silly.

I don't drive mine now because it's broken all the time. I would probably drive it more if I had that much money :D

Who here is going to be honest and say they bought a DSM because it was simply a cool car they could AFFORD, and not because it was something they lusted after since they were a little girl?

Maybe pick one up for nostaligia's sake, but to have 100 mil and still desire a DSM is borderline silly.

You've pretty much summed up what we were saying (at least what I was anyway). Nostalgia is pretty much the only reason for keeping it at that point. But of course just about any car will be that way.

When you look at an array of smart phones, do you say to yourself "I like this Iphone better than the rest, its my favorite!". If you so silently tell yourself something along those lines, how long do you think your desire for it will last? Probably not very long. Especially then the new NEW comes out every other week. When It comes to cars, you can most definitely have a favorite, it doesn't have to be the fastest, or the shiniest car you own neither. I believe my dsm is that car, rich or not.

Basically, your desire for a car can be temporary and ever changing. But a car you favor, have grown up with, and/or learned from could be something that you'll always want to stick around, even if it doesn't make you wet in the panties anymore.

100 mil probably still won't be enough to keep a DSM running! Its like they know when you have money and they want it so they break. Every time I get ahead that son of a bi*** wants my money! More money more problems.

You've pretty much summed up what we were saying (at least what I was anyway). Nostalgia is pretty much the only reason for keeping it at that point. But of course just about any car will be that way.

When you look at an array of smart phones, do you say to yourself "I like this Iphone better than the rest, its my favorite!". If you so silently tell yourself something along those lines, how long do you think your desire for it will last? Probably not very long. Especially then the new NEW comes out every other week. When It comes to cars, you can most definitely have a favorite, it doesn't have to be the fastest, or the shiniest car you own neither. I believe my dsm is that car, rich or not.

Basically, your desire for a car can be temporary and ever changing. But a car you favor, have grown up with, and/or learned from could be something that you'll always want to stick around, even if it doesn't make you wet in the panties anymore.

Good points sir.

I don't drive mine now...100 million dollars? Powerball monies... a Supercar forget about it. I'll take a Ford Raptor, That way driving around is fun, and ya don't look like a douche.

Now if i wanted to be a douche..
Ford GT

GT40

Any Aston Martin...But especially the ones used in "Bonds'" early Movies.

A Masarati Quattroporte Discovolante Superleggera....Mostly for the long name, and it sounds way cooler than it is.

Then a super douche I am! I want to laugh at everyone who doesn't have 100mil. Wait!! Back to reality! I don't have 100mil, but if I did... See you losers later! I would make my own Internet we page called www.kissittuners.com so I can post updates of my amazing life! Then buy out the track that houses the shoot out and have my own on that day!

KIDDING!

:(

Momma jokes? Wow! I remember when I had my first beer....

EDIT: I seem your location. It's not your fault. I promise.

How's the bliss?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back