The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

If you could paint your car any color....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomas123

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
I am going to be repainting my whole entire 2g talon tsi..
I have the option of picking any color i want at this point and im basically stuck here.
basically have it narrowed down to 2 colors. The red that is on the talon right now, or smokey granite mica off of a Lexus ISF.
Opinions? Suggestions? what would you paint your car??

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There aren't a whole lot of cars that I think red looks good on, DSM's included, I do think it would look good in that gray though. Plus red is a cop magnet color, which is the other reason I avoid red cars...

I like the TC color but it still reminds me of primer color LOL..

And totally agree on cop magnet.. My dads isf is that SGM color and i just love it, looks so sleek IMO.
But, i actually do like red/black combo on dsms. Plus red is my favorite color.
The only thing is my previous 2 cars were both red so everyone is making fun of me ;)

The rare weird green. I think it's oslo green. Not really sure. Either that or white. I'll probably be going with black with a slight purple pearl in it though.

Wouldn't change my panda, but I used to have a miden silver spyder I wanted to make this color:

Supra Quicksilver

Members username is: Mr96GSX408

At this point, I'd love to paint my Talon with Minden Silver Pearl.

Don't forget about possibly using pearls too! I want to keep my 1g panda, but want to add something to make it stand out. Because I'm doing my engine bay graphite, I'm doing a graphite pearl over the white to tie it in and make the car stand out.

If your torn between two colors, this could be a way to go. My .02

Belize Green, i think.

A while ago, I saw this color painted on an Evo 8 and 2gb. I don't remember if it was the exact color off of the 3000GT but a certain dark forest green paint looked pretty badass.

Holy crap that supra quicksilver looks amazing too.. YES, giving me more options i love this! :D

I would love to do mine in a pearl white, kind of like the new subarus have.

I'm painting my car in about two weeks. I'm doing a phantom black pearl base coat with deep red pearl top coat fiished with clear and wet sand.

The finished look on my 2g will be similar to this...

Mi"sma;153301062 said:
I'm painting my car in about two weeks. I'm doing a phantom black pearl base coat with deep red pearl top coat fiished with clear and wet sand.

The finished look on my 2g will be similar to this...

That is honestly a stunning color. Please send me a pic once it is done or something.. REALLY interested to see how it looks

@ Mi"sma Dude that's a killing color! Please post some pictures after you're done with it. I'll bet is going to look bad $&s.

Personally I love my car color is also silver minded pearl. I think that just looks damn hot, and under fluorescent light looks purpleish just love it.

I will be posting a thread of it finally painted once done.

I'm ordering all supplies at the end of the week, then need to haul the car to the garage to paint it. I honestly can't wait to finally have it done. Been restoring my car's body for to long, and been very excited to paint it.

Mi"sma;153301087 said:
I will be posting a thread of it finally painted once done.

I'm ordering all supplies at the end of the week, then need to haul the car to the garage to paint it. I honestly can't wait to finally have it done. Been restoring my car's body for to long, and been very excited to paint it.

Do u have a paint code for this beast? & where are you going to order from?
I dont even know what company would make this color maybe house of colors?
U can pm me.. I promise not to copy, just interested. This is expensive work..

What's wrong with your OE paint color, Saronno Red? The OE Saronno Red is a great color when it's waxed and taken care of, I say respray your car the color it came from the factory...

Besides, if you don't, you're engine bay won't match and neither will the door jams, etc. unless you remove EVERYTHING and do it right.

:dsm:

Yeah gofer i love the red.. i am just kind of sick of having had 4 red cars already. I want different.
And my car is F U L L Y stripped. The whole engine bay, the door jams, and every single red part of the car will be repainted (If i decide to go that route)

Here is another option i have..
My dad repainted his friend's s2000 a custom color
What do you guys think of it???

The DSM was ALMOST gonna be painted like this.

If someone having there car painted isn't willing to strip the engine bay and jams, then they should also repaint factory color. But if your willing to take the extra time to paint match everything, the possibilities are endless.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back