The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

if you could import one car...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrenilineCrash

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2002
Travis AFB, California
i may be coming into a large sum of money (over 300 thousand) and i am going to buy myself a car. one of the options is to import a 'real' car from japan or somewhere.

if you could import one car from anywhere, what would it be? i honestly right now couldnt answer that question because there are so many cars that ive seen available that i like.

i wouldnt be spending all 300k on he car. i would like to spend as little as possible cause getting it over here and getting it to US safety spec is going to cost enough. so we'll say youve got 100k to spend on the car not inlcuding trasnport; what would you get?

-mike:talon:

man if i were you i would go to cali and go get skyline R34 from Motrex.. its fast enough and they do all the work for the US Safety and all those work that you have to do if u do import it.. that's just me tho.. good luck

Honestly, i think its sort of pointless.

Essentially, everyone wants to import a skyline. a GTR Vspec- R34

But then, after all the costs, its about 100,000 bucks. Why bother? That kind of money gets you a porsche 911, you know?

There's nothing i really want from Japan honestly. Maybe a 1999 Fairlady Z, but thats because im a huge Z fan. The Evolution VII is the same thing as the 8 pretty much...and the Honda Integra Type R is just an RSX type S with a bit more power. Skyline's arent worth it, imho.

How about a Silvia S15? i saw one once at the Chicago import nights, and it rocked. That could be special.

Thats all i can think of though.

^ yup but the skyline is a real sweet car and really freaking rare,
i say just get what ever u like who gives a sh!t of what other people think. if i were rich as #### and was gonna get a car id get the 65th and last mcLaren for a cool 1millOMG

LoL everyone is going with my dream car. Skyline R34 V-spec is what I would go with as well. You get a nifty LCD display of your engine temps and stuff like that as one of the many perks:D

OR....

You could be smart with your money, invest in medium risk mutual funds and watch that $300k develop into your early retirement. Of course, chicks definitley dig a flashy car over financial responsibility. And all the kids in the neighborhood will be envious of your super-car parked in your parents driveway...

If you dislike my assumptions, deal with it. Blowing $100k on a car is parallel to buying a chrome bong, unless you are independantly wealthy and already own your home outright and have a healthy stock portfolio, but then why are you on a DSM forum?

Good times. :thumb:

Invest it.

Let it multiply.

THEN buy a House, Car, etc.

I think you should listen to leet. Then IMO you should get an R32 Skyline for about 40 grand I think.

Originally posted by GetEvryGear
LoL everyone is going with my dream car. Skyline R34 V-spec is what I would go with as well. You get a nifty LCD display of your engine temps and stuff like that as one of the many perks:D

If you are gonna aim high, AIM HIGH, fvck teh V-spec, get the M-Spec instead...

Hm dude, aren't you only like 18-19 anyways?? You don't need a 100k dollar car YET. I'm guessing this money you're getting has to do with that band you're in or something??

Invest it. Anyways, do you know how many 'Daddy must've bought that for him' looks you're gonna get??

Originally posted by The Man
OR....

You could be smart with your money, invest in medium risk mutual funds and watch that $300k develop into your early retirement. Of course, chicks definitley dig a flashy car over financial responsibility. And all the kids in the neighborhood will be envious of your super-car parked in your parents driveway...

If you dislike my assumptions, deal with it. Blowing $100k on a car is parallel to buying a chrome bong, unless you are independantly wealthy and already own your home outright and have a healthy stock portfolio, but then why are you on a DSM forum?

Originally posted by The Man
OR....

great post :thumb:
car=worst investment

Is there really a choice here other than the obvious ;)

Attachments

• skyline.jpg
    skyline.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 561
Originally posted by AdrenilineCrash
i may be coming into a large sum of money (over 300 thousand) and i am going to buy myself a car.
Just get a $10K full-mod 1G if you must. Sorry, but I'm an old guy, and I say to stash it as well. Early retirement is worth a lot more than any car you'll ever hear of.

It's pointless, though. I even knew this stuff when I was a kid, and didn't do enough about it.

If your gonna get a R34, or any other skyline for that matter you should get it from motorex in cali. I believe a new r34 can range from 70-90K from motorex...keep in mind they spend a great deal of money importing these vehicles over here and make them street legal in the U.S. If I was you I'd get a R32 from them. They have them around 20-40K and then i'd invest another 20K into it :thumb:

I'd get a TVR Tuscan S. You can have those cars any way you want them.

Id say get a Skyline, o wait, those are almost as populated as civics nowadays.

I myself would import an Evo VI Zero Fighter. Try finding one of those in the states, I dare ya! Thats just what I would buy with a "large sum of money"

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Horsepower@rpm 340@6500 Torque, lb-ft@rpm 303@3000

One of two.

Either a R34 Skyline V-spec

OR

A 1990 Eagle Talon AWD TSi that is targa top from GERMANY. (we didn't get the awsome targa top :( )

With either car you would likely be the ONLY person in your state or one of VERY few to own that type of car.

All these people getting money and the first thing they wanna do it blow it on a car. If i were coming into a sum of money i would have a Black 99 GSX, that could keep up with Jshep's car.

Renault Clio Sport V6

3.0 Litre V6

255 HP

300/lb TQ

0-60 is under 6 seconds stock :thumb:

Or a R34 Skyline :thumb:

Originally posted by fireredGST

Renault Clio Sport V6

3.0 Litre V6

255 HP

300/lb TQ

0-60 is under 6 seconds stock :thumb:

Or a R34 Skyline :thumb:

Looks - :barf:
Performance - Impressive :thumb:

Id say get a Skyline, o wait, those are almost as populated as civics nowadays.

That's what I'd get. Evo IV, V or VI. Mmmm dinner-plate foggies.

I'd rather get the Volkwagen Golf R32 instead of the Renault.

As for importing a car, think about how the rest of your cash is gonna get sucked dry in insurance and maintenance...

Invest it, let it multiply. Then you can sell the stock as needed, but in the long run you will be glad you have all that money instead of a skyline (although if the investment makes some $$$ you could get a skyline too)!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back