The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

If you are bored: My first time pulled over!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well the judge can install payment arrangements so you don't necessarily have to sell your kit. They base it on your income and ask what you can reasonablly afford each month. Just tell em 50 bucks and they'll be happy.

Learn to talk to cops, to socialize, to respect (to a point).

I am 19, been pulled over 26 times, and have two tickets on my record. One in ohio because I was a 16 year old kid driving my moms brand new caddy, and one in flordia because I was a 17 year old kid on spring break lost changing lanes kind of unsafely.

The cop probably saw a young kid (you're like 17 aren't you?) and thought you'd be an easy ticket. Looks like your doing the right thing though....

When I got pulled over for the first time (17 also) I was shitting a brick. I was driving down a road and I see a cop coming up on me going the opposite direction. I pop it in neutral, and coast on by him. Sure enough, and I kid you not, this cop made a HIGH speed 180* drift (smoke and all) to turn around and fly up on me. Pulls me over, and says:

Officer: This is a nice car you got there (looking at the cage and the 4 point harnesses) do you race it around here?

Me: (Not knowing how to answer this question) I go, uhhh.... yeah at the track though...

Officer: Well I pulled you over because of no front plate and in the state of Missouri it is required that you have a front plate visible... blah blah blah

To make a long story short, I made up some TERRIBLE story that was OBVIOUSLY a total lie and he ended up giving me a ticket.

I'm just glad I haven't gotten pulled over for speeding yet.... :knock on wood:

I don't understand cops some times. There are hundreds of cars without license plates on the front of them, are they all illegal? I don't know how a cop knows if a car has one stock or if it has been removed. If it were illegal on all cars, wouldn't cops pull over every car they see without one? I see them everywhere!

lucky they haven't said shit to me.

I got pulled over for doing 11 over in Metuchen. I've only been pulled over once in the DSM in NYC and it was for talking on the phone to my now ex-gf and not wearing a seatbelt. Looking back at it, I should of never answered that bi***.

f.uck that shit.

plead not guilty and go to court.

get the ticket cut in half and ask if you can pay it by donating to a police charity if the throw the case out.

works 99.9997% of the time.

You guys think you have funny stories, try mine. It's about 2 AM and I'm driving home from my brother's place, I'm 19 at the time and haven't been drinking. The interstate is completely empty except for 1 car like 100 yards back. I see him fly up on me and the cherries pop on. I pull over and it's a state trooper. Here in Iowa these guys tend to be pricks. He tells me he pulled me over for going 64 in a 65, I'm holding up traffic apparently. Not trying to be a smart ass I glance back down the road kinda in disbelief that this is happening. He asks me if I'm nervous about something. I tell him no. He asks if I have been drinking since it is closing time for most bars. (keep in mind I'm 19 but I look about 16) I tell him I'm not old enough. He looks over my car and tells me I have a nice car for such a young kid (this is before all the body work) I thank him and he tells me to watch myself or I might end up losing my car. He then goes back to his car and speeds off like a bat out of hell. It was about 20 minutes later before I got home, I saw maybe 5 cars from the point after I got pulled over. No ticket, just a cop being a prick to a kid in a nice looking car.

Last time I got pulled over in the DSM, I had just went through an intersection and shifted into second (about 3500 rpm) right as I am meeting a city boy. Well he flips a u and throws the lights. Now we had been at the lake all day, and the guy I had with me was drunker than Cootie Brown, but I had not had a drop. Cop walks up to the window, ask the usual Lic. + Proof of Ins., and ask me whay I was squealing tires back there at the intersection.
I replied "Sir, this car is all wheel drive, if I'm squealing tires that means I'm wrecking it." He shoots back "What was all that smoke I saw?" Now I'm offended. My car doesnt smoke (that much) so I say "Well, she does have about 190 thousand miles on her, I am sure she is due a rebuild."
So he looks at my buddy, then at me, and says "I smell alcohol, have you been drinking?" I reply "No, my buddy has but thats why I am driving." Him "So why are your eyes red?" Me "i have been at the lake swimming all day, maybe that has something to do with it." At this point he takes my lic. back to his car and is gone about 10mins. About that time a K-9 unit pulls up behing the original officer. They both walk up to the car and request I step out. I get the usual field sobriety questions, and at this point, I am a little pissed. So I cut the guy off in the middle of his speech and say "Can we just skip this and go straight to the breathalizer, I am kinda in a hurry and have been here for almost twenty minutes now."
He looks at me like I just slapped his momma, pulls out the breathalizer, and we give it a go. The look on his face was priceless when it read 0.00. He handed me back my lic + ins. papers, and proceeded to tell me if I am going to drive like that, do it out in the county so he doesnt have to see it.

This is the reason I sold both of my Talons and got out of the whole import thing, I have always had classic cars and I bought my Talon in my sig over eight years ago for a nice daily driver but I then became interested in imports so I also bought a 95 tsi awd to build as a drag car and was having a blast...that is until the ricer movies came out and the cops were pulling me over every couple of weeks to harass me, I only drove my Talon in the summer months and I only got pulled over in that car and never my truck, I have heard every excuse in the world as to why they pulled me over and only had a couple of tickets for bullshit reasons but I have been pulled over probably 30 times in the eight years that I owned my car. I do not speed and I don't race on the streets but my god I could only put up with it for so long, besides if you drive an old muscle car you are more likely to get a thumbs up from a cop than a ticket, one cop pulled me over in my 68 Riviera just because he wanted to check it out because his brother used to have one and I gave him a one man car show on the side of the highway.

I have been pulled over because someone reported a car staying in the left lane in one of those passing lanes. But the cop was nice and thought it was someone that hated imports and I expained I was in that lane because people were tail gating me and I moved over so they could get by. He didnt even ask for my information he just told me he liked my car and if he found the guy he would have a talk with him. I guess im lucky because the officers around here actully do their jobs and dont pull you over for driving a import.

I have had my TSI on the road for 2 months now. I have only gotten pulled over once in it. For excessive smoke. Can you imagine a cold day, with the car just started 3 minutes ago, the condensation smoke coming from my exhaust? Then he proceeded to ask me about my exhaust. I do notice every time I pass a cop though they get a look like they just got the worlds biggest stiffy, and are waiting for me to make a mistake.

My absolute favorite:

I had just left visiting my gf at work. I left in a little of an irritable mood. I am in a 95 toyota corolla bone stock. As the light turns green I start the most impressive wheel spin that I think I had ever performed in that car. I went through first gear, and halfway into 2nd with the tires still spinning look over to see the cop sitting at the red light perpendicular to me. Crap, so what to do now, mine as well shift it into third and see if I can't get it to spin as well which I can say that car did quite well. So, of course I see the beautiful red and blue lights coming up behind me.

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: I have a pretty good idea.

Officer: Is this your car?

Me: Yes sir, but I don't normally drive a five speed. I just traded with my gf for the evening I normally drive her automatic. (First off I don't think I will ever own an automatic)

Officer: Can I see your license and registration please.

Now at this point I am scared out of my mind waiting for the 5 point 300 dollar wreckless driving ticket that I am about to receive. So about 3 minutes later the cop comes walking back up to the car.

Officer: I think you need to take this thing out and get some more practice in it. I'm not going to write you a ticket this time, but if I see you do it again you will be getting a ticket.

I think that is the day the heavens smiled on me.

:D

Alright alright I got one! My wife, which at the time was my gf was over the house, and I had fallen asleep.
Well her step-dad called her and told her she had to come home (We were like 17), and she had to wake me up to take her home (She lived like 45 minutes from my house one way). So of course I was sleeping nicely and was a little tee'd off that I had to get up to take her home when she was going to stay over like they had said previously.
Well long story short, I love driving my DSM (don't we all), and I was going down the off-ramp (New Bern, NC), and going down the off-ramp I got on it and got up to around 90 or so before I started letting the engine slow me down.. Well next thing I know I see blue lights flick on and I get pulled over, whoo! (Sucked not having a radar detector, <3 my valentine 1 now).

Anyway, it ended up costing me $400 to pay my lawyer to get my ticket dropped down to improper equipment (Which doesn't effect my insurance, thank god), but if I would have slowed down I could have saved $400! The funny part is, her step-dad is a cop and we called him and let him talk to the officers that pulled me over, and we STILL got a ticket!! "Well, Ed is a respected man around here, but we're still going to give you a ticket", haha well F you too!

78 in a 55.. 23mph over the speed limit, anything over 20 mph is grounds to get your license taken immediately, thank god they didn't go that far! And that was my first ticket! :D

I just got pulled over last night for wreckless driving LOL, I took a turn and floored it and got sideways a little, I didnt see the damn cop and I got an 85 dollar ticket, O well I dont really care.

I'm 18 and have been pulled over three times, all for non-moving violations. The first two were because I had a temporary paper license plate when I first bought my car and it was hard to see at night. The last one was this pass Wednesday because of my terribly cracked windshield in the winter beater. I got let go from that one after explaining how its a winter car and I'm waiting for Spring to get my nice car out and probably because of my clean record.

You just need to be respectful to cops, answer their questions and show them that you have nothing to hide. Sure, there are some pricks out there but just do whatever you can to keep your cool and stay calm.

Also, if they ask to search your car (and you have nothing on you, or on your car) ALWAYS let them do it, be nice about it say "Yeah, let me pop my trunk for you also."

It has gotten me out of 4 10+mph over tickets because he wasted an hour searching for something that was not there.

Learn to talk to cops, to socialize, to respect (to a point).

I am 19, been pulled over 26 times, and have two tickets on my record. One in ohio because I was a 16 year old kid driving my moms brand new caddy, and one in flordia because I was a 17 year old kid on spring break lost changing lanes kind of unsafely.

This is definately the truth, but im sorry to hear it didn't work as well for the OP :mad: I've been pulled over at least 10 times now and recieved one ticket. I was going 13 over and when he pulled me over he thought I stole a whole bunch of car parts i had in the passneger seat. 5 minutes later he let me off with a 5 over :D

The best thing to do when you get pulled over is as followed : Car off, keys on top of dash in plain view, hands on steering wheel at the top, and have the license and insurance ready :D

I've gotten pulled over for two things, no muffler but that was talked through and only a seatbelt violation was given ($10 and no points) and 12 over that was a whopping $98 and 0 points on my license.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back