The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Idle / TPS problem? HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shad0wsoda

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2013
Ijamsville, Maryland
Ok so ive owned my 98 gst for about 3 months and the guy i bought it from knew nothing about it and said that all the work had been done by a previous owner. Ever since then we've been finding out that this guy did know anything about what he was doing and turned it into a mess.

So the problem im having is the car will idle fine when cold but when it gets warmed up it refuses to idle. Im not sure if this problem is with the TPS or not?
Also there is a random connected right by the TPS and im not sure what its for.(ill try to post a pic later) but the problem with that is idk what year motor( i know its from a 1G) or wiring harness are in the car. (is there anyway to tell?)
Sorry if this sounds dumb but im new here.

Thanks

Not sure on the connect but you said by the tps. See if you aic sensor is connected. Its under the tps on a 2g so I think its the same on the 1g. Just a guess. Waiting on picture post.

I hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 55
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back