The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Idle surge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome, take your time, build your list, do it right, and save your old stock parts. You might be able to use your old stock upper intercooler piping to cover that crack in your current pipe. I had to use my stock rubber upper intercooler pipe to connect my front mount to the intercooler piping to fit around the automatic transmission on my project car.

Also nothing will piss you off worse than having to find and pay for stock parts when you need them. I nearly paid $100 plus shipping for a stock t25 a couple weeks ago to get a project car running again after it had a blown eBay turbo

Btw the eBay 16g turbos take forever to build any boost. They are crap

Awesome, take your time, build your list, do it right, and save your old stock parts. You might be able to use your old stock upper intercooler piping to cover that crack in your current pipe. I had to use my stock rubber upper intercooler pipe to connect my front mount to the intercooler piping to fit around the automatic transmission on my project car.

Also nothing will piss you off worse than having to find and pay for stock parts when you need them. I nearly paid $100 plus shipping for a stock t25 a couple weeks ago to get a project car running again after it had a blown eBay turbo

Yeah I don't hit full boost until about 4-4500 rpms... Maybe that was because of my massive hole though... guess we'll find out soon enough

If its an unknown 16g maybe you will get lucky and it will last, some don't. Its a crap shoot sometimes with turbos though two of my friends have nuked brand new turbos without putting a lot of mileage on them. My buddy with a GSX on a turbonetics (older discontinued turbo) blew the seals within 100 miles and that was a "brand name".

If its an unknown 16g maybe you will get lucky and it will last, some don't. Its a crap shoot sometimes with turbos though two of my friends have nuked brand new turbos without putting a lot of mileage on them. My buddy with a GSX on a turbonetics (older discontinued turbo) blew the seals within 100 miles and that was a "brand name".
Well I've had the car a Lil over a year and half. Turbo was already on it. Haven't had any issues with it though but everyone scaring me telling me eBay turbo are garbage LOL. Maybe with the new piping it'll spool faster since it won't be gushing air through the hole anymore. Eventually I'll upgrade to a mhi 16g or maybe even upgrade to a 20g

Do yourself a favor and never buy anything on eBay. It's all trash. Literally all of it. Every mod you make on the car should be a quality part that you have thought about and want, not a cheap used part you bought because some guy was selling it cheap. Follow those rules and you'll have a good car.

Do yourself a favor and never buy anything on eBay. It's all trash. Literally all of it. Every mod you make on the car should be a quality part that you have thought about and want, not a cheap used part you bought because some guy was selling it cheap. Follow those rules and you'll have a good car.
That's actually what I'm working on is replacing all the eBay junk the previous owner had on it. All that's left now is the turbo. Thanks for the advice everyone

There are a lot of weird Chinese parts floating around ebay thats what I think hes referring to. You can find legit parts on ebay too, but you will end up paying more for them. I got a decent upper front strut brace on ebay and its working great! Now.. that is also bolted to koni's and eibach pro kit springs.. which are doing the real work, but preventing chassis flex is good too.

Yeah I'm talking about the chinabay crappie that I'm replacing. My new ic pipes are off eBay but they aren't a mechanical moving part so I figured they'd be okay but other than that any eBay stuff getting replaced all I have left is turbo to save up for

Lol chinabay

Attachments

• F8D19FE8-9AD1-4D8C-8095-DA9B6921A09B.jpeg
    F8D19FE8-9AD1-4D8C-8095-DA9B6921A09B.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 51
  • C39C95D5-7E7A-4FE7-93A5-F6D7BAA8D28A.jpeg
    C39C95D5-7E7A-4FE7-93A5-F6D7BAA8D28A.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 34
To me it's not that it's an incredibly inferior parts, it is that the car now becomes exclusively harder to repair and diagnose because of the larger problems modifications create.

If the car started running rough next week who would you take it To? It's not like your average tune up shop can say they know modifications or a 4g63, and most owners can't afford a name brand tuner shop that has months of reservations already booked at double labor rates.

So ask yourself, if the car jumped timing next week could you fix it? Could the shop down the street fix it? Could you afford to pay the shop up the street $800 To change the timing belt after a tow?

Happens all the time. Got my last dsm that way. Selling non running because no one knows anything about anything after a car has been modified

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/head-gasket-2.513636/

First thing you should buy is a factory service manual for a 1998 eagle talon off of eBay. For $20 you get 800 pages of extremely overly detailed pictures showing how to remove and service every part on the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Why a 98 talon, because it was the last year for the talon and they never sold any 98 talons so there are tons of factory manuals sitting around. (Eclipse manuals retail for about $60)

Last edited:
To me it's not that it's an incredibly inferior parts, it is that the car now becomes exclusively harder to repair and diagnose because of the larger problems modifications create.

If the car started running rough next week who would you take it To? It's not like your average tune up shop can say they know modifications or a 4g63, and most owners can't afford a name brand tuner shop that has months of reservations already booked at double labor rates.

So ask yourself, if the car jumped timing next week could you fix it? Could the shop down the street fix it? Could you afford to pay the shop up the street $800 To change the timing belt after a tow?

Happens all the time. Got my last dsm that way. Selling non running because no one knows anything about anything after a car has been modified

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/head-gasket-2.513636/

First thing you should buy is a factory service manual for a 1998 eagle talon off of eBay. For $20 you get 800 pages of extremely overly detailed pictures showing how to remove and service every part on the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Why a 98 talon, because it was the last year for the talon and they never sold any 98 talons so there are tons of factory manuals sitting around. (Eclipse manuals retail for about $60)
I hear you bro. I will take your advice and get a fsm. I do have a guy who does amazing work on the 4g63 platform and he cuts me deals cuz he would rather work on a 4g that any other motor. Dude knows his shit. I'm actually about to have him replace my throw out bearing cuz when the clutch was done they didn't replace bearing and it wines unless you push clutch in. But I do understand where you're coming from on the mods. Call me Ricky Bobby I just wanna go.fast LOL

Ouch, I'm not completely repping eBay or saying anyone should buy them, ever. With that said, I was in a bind and had no choice but to get an eBay 16g at the moment.
Little did I know 12k miles later still no shaft play and no oil burning. It also spools alright.

Keep in mind this is a daily and it's only at 14 lbs. Oh and did I mention I don't recommend buying one unless it's the last last option.

Lols

Ouch, I'm not completely repping eBay or saying anyone should buy them, ever. With that said, I was in a bind and had no choice but to get an eBay 16g at the moment.
Little did I know 12k miles later still no shaft play and no oil burning. It also spools alright.

Keep in mind this is a daily and it's only at 14 lbs. Oh and did I mention I don't recommend buying one unless it's the last last option.

Lols
Lol that's cool man I haven't had any issues with the turbo itself so far LOL

Last edited:
I'm talking about more than just turbos. Sensors, replacement parts and all of it. There is a reason why everything is half the price of the original item and it's not because they just have less of a markup.

I'm talking about more than just turbos. Sensors, replacement parts and all of it. There is a reason why everything is half the price of the original item and it's not because they just have less of a markup.
Oh yeah I know what you mean man I was just saying the turbo is all that's left of eBay parts under my hood I've replaced all other stuff. But the turbo been ran for 1.5 years from just me and who knows how long it was on it before I bought the car. But it hasn't had any issues.

Oh yeah I know what you mean man I was just saying the turbo is all that's left of eBay parts under my hood I've replaced all other stuff. But the turbo been ran for 1.5 years from just me and who knows how long it was on it before I bought the car. But it hasn't had any issues.
Turn the boost up to 30 then :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back