The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Spyder Idle Surge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanGST

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2010
Bronx, New_York
A few months ago I picked up a 96 spyder gs 4g64. In possession of previous owner, fuse box caught on fire. They attempt to relocate fuse box into cabin, was unsuccessful. I rewired enough to get car started. Car blew a head gasket so I attempt a head swap to a 4g63 turbo head. And finish the fuse box relocation. I didn't get to finish the fuse box. Missing alternator, horn and other accessories was more concern on starting the car. I started the car but I have a major idle surge almost feels like I am running on two cylinders. Can the alternators be the cause because my battery is dead and I have to jump start with my second car to get the car started but it idles so bad. Also, throttle body vacuum line are off and plugged and egr is disconnect from vacuum line but not blocked off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back