The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

idle surge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFatch1890

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2008
Stratford, New_Jersey
Whats up guys.Alright well got my car back together.This was happening before i took it apart.Soon as i start it up it idles at about 3 grand for a few seconds then drops and starts bouncing around 1 & 2 grand.No matter if its warmed up or not.I read about the biss and seen that it said something about elevation.Well I'm at a high elevation so could that influence it that bad.Also there's a wire on the left back of the intake when your looking at the motor from the front that someone spliced a wire and stuck it where there's suppose to be a plug.I pulled the wire off and the car idled without bouncing but still idles high and My luck its something i probably need LOL.And yes i do have a big a$$boost leak LOL I can't even build boost hardly but i haven't got that far yet.But i cant see that being the problem.Any info that would help would be appreciated and sorry this is so long.I read the forums and vfaq.Id just like to get more input on it before messing with the biss.Thanks

Start Here

Terry's Talon Troubleshooting Tips #3 - Fast Idle (aka. Idle Surge)

You WILL find the solution to your idle surge here. Also type "idle surge" in the "search page using Google" function at the top of the page. Check the vfaq and faq again. This is a notorious problem with many different causes.

And yes, a boost, vacuum, fill in the blank leak WILL cause this problem. Do a BLC and follow the list.

For me it was a healthy combination of vacuum leaks, bad isc and fiav.

Good luck and happy motoring!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back