The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Idle Surge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william spear

Probationary Member
Jul 11, 2004
Westminster, Maryland
Just installed a 95 eprom with stage 3 chip from dsm chips in my 97 gst to compesate for 680s. When i start the car cold it runs like it is not getting gas and stalls. When i start it up again it idle surges a lot till it warms up then runs fine. I have the safc zeroed out. I took the car for a drive and it will hold 10 lbs of boost ok. Had a cel p505 cleared code and cleaned isc motor also checked resistance 28 ohms. Does not seem to be any vacuum leaks what could be causing the surge. Car has a rebuilt motor not broke in yet. When i rev the car in nutral it goes to 3500 the feels like its is missing and wont steady rev up but when i drive it its fine.

Should i set the safc to 30 low and 80 high or leave it at zero?

I am getting ready to order a wideband to help tune what kind should i get?

Is there any body in carroll county md that can help me tune it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back