The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Idle Surge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzeran

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2004
Arlington, Texas
This is for my bone stock 1995 GST.

My idle is surging any time i push the clutch in. Will go from 1200-1500 rpm back and forth. Check engine light came on. I went to VFAQ and went thru the list.

Replaced the biss o-ring
Checked throttle body gasket
Tested the ISC motor and the results of that test were fine

Hooked battery back up and car was fine for 4 weeks with no check engine light and no idle problems.

Week 5 it has come again. Check engine light on and idle is worse than before. On the original CEL it showed a problem with the ISC itself. I have not had it checked this time around.

My question is: If the CEL said there was a problem with the ISC and the ISC tested fine then what else could it be??? I know that ISC motor is very expensive and dont want to replace it if it tests out fine. Please anyone that can assist me further with this.

Problem is 90% of the time the ISC. It's possible that it could be the TPS. I would try and find someone near you with a good ISC in their car and switch them out real quick to see if yours is indeed the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back