The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Idle surge problem need your guys help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettorapboy7

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2009
Toledo, Ohio
Hey guys I have a idle surge question (ya i kno). Ok first things first when I try and start my car it wont start unless I cycle the key like 15 times after that it will start however the idle surge is so bad on startup that it will die if I dont keep giving it gas. But when the car is warmed up u can start it up with ease and the idle surge isnt as bad it goes up and down like 100rpm or something like that not to sure. I have already: took the throtle body off cleaned it off, put on a new tps sensor, rehooked up the egr valve and coolant temp sensor vaccum because they were reouted for some reason, put on a new isc, fixed a boost leak with better gaskets (however i have not checked for actual boost leaks), exhaust manifold had a crack in it replaced that with a header, and the timing has been check and everything is good. Ok now the bad: I use to have an afc in it and i took that out because when a friend pulled on it it shut off, ill have pure tuning dick with that later, I am running a 2g maf sensor and have no idea if it even works, the injectors are stock, I am running rich, the fake ass hks ssq bov is shot and I will be getting a new one just dont have the funds for that right now. I think that is everything I can think of but I may have forgot somethings but I need you guyes expertise! Please help me!

I have had a lot of work done at Pure Tuning to my car and the guys are very good. I think you have bitten off more then you can chew.

I recommend that yo take it to them and let them help you get things in running order.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back