The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Idle stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckingham1993

Probationary Member
Apr 16, 2021
Maysville, Kentucky
Had a misfire in 99 gs spyder with a 4g63. I thought that was causing my idle to be high but I replaced the plugs and wires and the misfire is gone but it’s still idling between 2 and 3 grand.

It's not electrically possible to idle that high. If you had a vac leak or aomethung Ecu cuts fuel after 1500 if throttle is closed. So either ecu doesn't know throttle is closed or you might have a physical problem associated with throttle. The cable slipping out of its crimp and getting stuck is a known problem as the cars get older. Plates can get stuck also. Both of those situations keep throttle from closing allowing an "idle" higher than 1500. See if that helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back