The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Idle speed control motor 1.8l

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyntheticD

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2020
Rupert, Idaho
Trying locate one of these and no one even lists one. The position sensor as well. Any one have any idea?

Please make a profile post. We don't know anything about your car including model year, build date etc.
Difficult to help without this information.
That being said.....

How do you know you need one of these? The stuff I see listed is expensive.
Have you considered a used part?

Trying locate one of these and no one even lists one. The position sensor as well. Any one have any idea?
The motor is part of an assembly with a bunch of parts and is not separately replaceable.

Try eBay. Select category 'eBay motors' from the drop down list and search '90 Eclipse idle speed control' and variations on that. (Whatever year and model car you have.)

Another way to do it: Find the Mitsubishi part number and search for that on eBay. Then search for it using whatever search engine you like.

This might be pretty easy to find or it might be darn near impossible -- there were variations in the design and the earliest one used on that engine in my Expos just about isn't out there anymore.

The 2G ISC system is far better -- completely different system and not interchangeable. The motor is completely separate and the system is much less complicated and more reliable.

The 1g ISC is the rare exception to used parts are a good deal -- those things wear out. Often the pintles jam and break. Go for 'new' if you have the choice. They're all from China but the Taiwanese ones have better QC.

The TPS should be much easier -- they're near-generic I think. I usually get those on eBay, as above.

And do tell us about your car and why you're looking for these parts.

Edit: Well, always something to learn. Lots of the 1g Eclipses got the later (stepping motor) type ISC. But -- try eBay anyway -- you know what you're looking for.

Last edited:
I have the 1.8 and all the ones I have searched up are for the 2.0. I diag'ed bad using my old snap on tool I get the DTC 15. If I unplug it the car runs find but occasionally with it plugged in it trips and won't Rev past 2k rpms

Make sure the pins don’t have any shorts to ground. If they do, you can/have damaged the ecu and that needs repair.

I use the AC136 from Standard Motor Products. For aftermarket it seems to be good quality. My car is a turbo model, I am not sure what the 1.8’s use.

I have the 1.8 and all the ones I have searched up are for the 2.0. I diag'ed bad using my old snap on tool I get the DTC 15. If I unplug it the car runs find but occasionally with it plugged in it trips and won't Rev past 2k rpms
They are different depending on model year/ build date

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back