The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Idle RPMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodaysoff92

Proven Member
Jun 15, 2014
Detroit, Michigan
Hello everyone I was wondering if this is ok or not. My car Idles at 360 rpm roughly at normal operating temps. It is big 16g BC 272s and few other mods. Is that what you guys are around? Higher lower? Based of how you tune??

That is low, it should be around 700 +/- 100 rpm from what I have read. You could see if the BISS screw on the throttle body is screwed in too far. Screw it out like a half a turn at a time and see if that helps.

I thought so when I look at and read other post I got curious. As with fixing a boost leak. And intercooler upgrade certainly want it back to normal. Will do on the boss screw.

Yeah that does seem kinda low. +1 on checking and adjusting your biss screw
I read some tech forums on it. Do I really need to ground plugs and wires. To reset it or can I simply take it out. And do the screw all way in and unscrew half turns until good. It is a 1g and manual.

Don't touch the biss screw in till you've ruled out other possibilities! Do a blt first. Without the proper equipment you couldn't have a tuff time setting the biss screw back to where it needs to be. Fix the leaks and your idle should go back to normal

Don't touch the biss screw in till you've ruled out other possibilities! Do a blt first. Without the proper equipment you couldn't have a tuff time setting the biss screw back to where it needs to be. Fix the leaks and your idle should go back to normal
I agree but everything I have been reading is spot on. When I slow down to spot dumps low and evens out. I had a universal kit on before. Now switched to VRSF 1g dsm kit went from about 9 couplers to only 4. So if it is still low I Will blt but after that it's biss I read up a few threads on how to do it. I group two plugs one near battery and one on interior. From there test the BISS screw. By quarter to half turns. But may just have bad intercooler and piping from previous guy. Wasn't bead rolled or anything. Hopefully was just the ic piping.

I was asking about my idle to see how it should be once everything is back up and bolted down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back