The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Idle Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mham2k

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have an idle problem that I know is mechanical but i need to know where to start.

I'm running ECMLink but I didn't post it in that forum because this is a mechanical issue not a link issue.

Notes
  1. ISC is New
  2. BISS screw is adjusted to 30
  3. o2 Sensor is new, no leaks in housing or turbo manifold
  4. AFR i mention below is from a wideband o2 located a little after downpipe before CAT.
  5. AirFlowPerRev is .24
  6. Fuel Pressure is 43.5
Issue
  1. If I set my idle to 750 my car stays around 17 afr and runs rough
  2. If I set my idle at 800 - 950 car stays around 15 - 17 afr and runs ok - rough
  3. In ECMLink it doesn't matter what I set my 50Hz or 100Hz MAF Slider to, the car will bump it up and idle fine for like 30 seconds then drop back to lean.
  4. Adjusting deadtime does nothing to correct the idle problem

Where could i start troubleshooting?

You could try setting your first 3 timing cells from left to right in the top row at 5 degrees. Then adjusted your biss screw until your iac reads 30 at idle. If you're ecu is trying to raise idle. It may be increasing timing in that area leaning out your mixture. Just an idea..

You could try setting your first 3 timing cells from left to right in the top row at 5 degrees. Then adjusted your biss screw until your iac reads 30 at idle. If you're ecu is trying to raise idle. It may be increasing timing in that area leaning out your mixture. Just an idea..

Ok will try this out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back