The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

idle problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjimatt

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
albuquerque, New_Mexico
So everything is going bad right now.

I finally got the car to start. But now the car wont idle correctly for nothing but I dont think that it is the injectors.

What happens is when I try to make the injectors a little more rich like to a 15:1 afr then the rpms go to like 3500 and its crazy. It also will bounce from 768 rpms to 1500 rpms and just keep doing it like there is a huge boost leak which there is not.

Here is what I think could be the problems.

1. I know that my throttle cable it way too tight so ill go ahead and fix that.

2. I looped my coolant lines to the throttle body and attempted to turn the freeze plug all the way. I didnt get it turned all the way. So I just left it looped. So I will either put the coolant lines back or I will block the fiav like im supposed to .

3. I guess the problem could be the injectors but I figure it would just make the idle way too rich and thats about it.

4. I also had my 1g bov in the oven when I was spraying my pipes and it was in there for like thirty minutes and when I took it out a bunch of oil and crap fell on my hand and burn the crap out of me. Could this be another reason for the really high and bouncy idle?

BTW Shifting with solid welded front and rear mounts is freaking awesome!!!

I think I found my problem. SO I changed over to a non-turbo throttle body with the FIAC/ISC blocked off and I noticed that if you have the freeze plug removed without any gasket or anything plugging the whole, it causes a huge vacuum leak.

So I guess that is where the leak was :-(

Well I already went and bought the 1g n/t throttle body and another 1g BOV. SO I guess i'm just going to use them LOL. I finished the dodge garage bov mod once again LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back