The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

idle log

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmreck

Proven Member
Jan 6, 2013
grand rapids, Minnesota
hope this worked my first log post I'm not sure what needs to be known about the engine or settup so ill assume you need to know it's a
4g64,4g63, bc 280, smim, no pcv, catch can w/filter, gm maf, maf tans. mtxl wb in front o2 location set to log on rear 02 with narrowband sim in front 02 1000cc precision, e85,
fuel pressure close to 48 psi

Attachments

• log.2013.01.26-03.elg
    10.4 KB · Views: 63
first thing that jumps out to me is your airflowperrev is .40 which seems high? not sure on E85 and your wideband error (wbfactor) is no where near zero. i would try adjusting the MAF comp or dead time to get your airflowperrev and wbfactor with in spec. exact specs on your engine and setup would help

what exactly are you asking as far as specs go?. That tune was for the car back in 2008 for 522hp. The car spun a bearing. The car was rebuilt back up and here it sits. Dont know much about tuning, but I know by resetting everything and starting fresh, I can scale the injectors for around 450 dead time and 31 global like ecmlink wiki says for e85 and my short trims look better. someone help me more please. I will be going for a dyno tune again, but not for a while yet

using the ECMLINK deadtime table, and everything else should be MAF tuning to bring wbfactor closer to zero. you could adjust the dead time a little bit to fine tune. in the log your STFT is 16% which is more than twice what it should be. your problem is with measuring air as far as i can see. zero your maf comp and start over. set the dead time to what the chart suggest from ecmlink.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I can try that for sure but when I moved my 50 htz maf slider to zero I ran really lean at idle. like 19 or 20. What I dont understand is my trims look like crap but wb says i'm good. I understand that my global and deadtime shouls be more like 31 and 450, but when i do that my trims will be long term 4 to 5% short term will be negative and cannot get them to work together with the maf sliders, so I finally just used the tune that was on the car in 2008.

my suggestion than would be to remove the translator or zero it. maybe wiring in the gm Maf straight to dsmlink. i know v3 supports it. the problem defiantly seems to be with air metering not fuel delivery.

i know its a dead horse, but make sure everything is perfect working order, mechanical timing, boost leaks and exhaust leaks are taken care of. i would also check your fan operation. im seeing 203F constant temp. maybe my 1g just runs cooler?

i would start by reading this thread and checking out the links on it.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/433733-help-gm-maf-speed-density.html

i will re re recheck everything again, but thats what i'm thinking also maybe the maf. so how do I reset that thing? never heard that. also The kid guy before me has the fans on a toggle so I cant remember if i had the fan on at that time. I also bought a 195 because it's cold as crap here and my e85 and short trips the car has taken this winter has been hell on my oil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back