The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Idle Log - Initial Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxtasy

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2002
Lincoln, Nebraska
After a long stent away from dsmlink over to AEM i'm back to ECMlink! This is the first idle log after getting everything setup and although I feel like i have an okay understanding of things, it's great to get some more experienced eyes on this. Quick pertinent mod list:

2.0l
E85
950cc FIC (have staged injectors, but only the primaries are wired up currently)
Speed Density
GM IAT
AEM 5 Bar
AEM WB Gauge(Simulated nbo2 on front o2)
NGK AFX(rear o2)
s90 TB
fp4r cams

Besides a terrible initial cold start, once it gets started and warmed up it seems to run okay. Fuel trims appear to be close, airflowperrev is pretty high though. It seems that idle RPM still wonders marginally.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Attachments

• log.2016.02.28-04.elg
    31.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Alright, so maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse here and need to get idle dialed in better, but I went for a quick cruise around the block and am getting something weird going on. It is cycling between closed loop and open loop when it shouldn't be. Whenever it flips it goes super lean and falls on it's face, like I hit the brakes. I'm not sure what is causing this, hopefully something simple. Initial thought was cylinder misfire, but that DTC is unchecked. Looks like even in closed loop it is wanting to constantly add fuel.

Here is a quick clip of log. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cruise Hesitation.elg
    24.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back