The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

idle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trix96gst

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 13, 2011
Cape, Missouri
ok im havin idle issues wih my 2g gst. the motor is bone stock except a intake.

ok when i first start my car up its idle is around 1500 which i know is twice as much as it should be. when the car warms up it jumps to 2500....it doesn't go up and down at all its steady....and of course when you turn the ac on it drops which is usually how i drive to avoid the annoyence.
the car drives fine its just whenever the car is at idle and in neutral. wondering if i could get some help on this.
im being told its possible the biss oring...but im not sure what or where that is if anyone could post a pic of this area.
i just want to get this fix so i can put the car up for sale and this not be an issue. that being said...
i have a 96 gst bone stock except being lowered on eibach springs. and the intake. 87xxx original miles....only issue is the issue ive asked for help with. im just getting out of the modded car world and moving on to more important things...so if anyone has any info on this problem or possible interest in buying hit me up

thats def one things i knew to check and its good.

would boost leaks really effect your idle?....oh since that was asked im courious on something else...when just reving up the car should it build boost without antilag? cause mine will build up about 5 psi

Check you iac before messing with the biss screw you can check vfaq for the info on how to check it all you need is a cheapo ohm meter, and about 5 mins of free time.

just out of curiousness have you checked to see if you BOV is leaking at all as well and is ## BOV recirced. You seem intelligent enough to have checked those 2 things I just want to be sure. Could be a bad mass as well.

ive checked the throttle cable to check if it was over tight its actually loose, ive checked the bov recirc hose and its good. this is my first dsm and its all a learn experience to me. just looking to get it fixed to sell the car

I agree the link ^he posted is a great start and 90% of the time will fix idle issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boost leaks will most deff affect idle. Also ruin your turbo if you boost to much with them.

1g throttle body problem solved... jk no u should be able to adjust your throttle cable and there is a screw in ## tb that you can adjust.. if it doesnt change hardly then id test the TPS..

check your timing as well it may be set a little to advanced..

Idle issue fixed....not sure why it stopped or how it has anything to do with idle. All I did was fill up my coolant an the high idle went away an hasn't returned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back