The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G idle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just2asian

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2006
Stow, Ohio
I know this has probably been asked thousands of times, but if it's the case. I just did a Big t28 turbo swap with 650 cc injectors and 190 pump, but now if I get off the throttle weather it be light throttle or heavy my car's rpms seem to drive below the target idle and almost stall. Sometimes its worst, sometimes it's ok and doesn't dive low. Could it be a vacumm leak somewhere? Could it be an issue with the injectors or possible fuel pump issue? Any input would be lovely. Thanks.

What are you using to tune with? Did you retune after your install?

Hmmm, mine seems to do that too on and off randomly. I'll drop it into N and the RPM's will get real low and almost stall like you said.
Do you have any boost/ vacuum leaks? That could be a culprit.
Also, I'm not sure if this could be it, but my MAP sensor is pretty much dead, so that could be it too, just a guess.

I'm using DSMlink to tune, all the settings for fuel have been made. I'm gonna do a boost leak test sometime this week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back