The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G idle issue randomly wants to stall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appleyard777

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2005
Cleveland, Tennessee
well this has been going on for maybe a month or more but randomly my car will drop down to about 100 rpm's and when it hits that low the oil press light will come on for a split second and it will run shitty for 10secs or less then the idle will shoot back up to around 1000rpms and its fine again, it will do it for example at a dead stop at a red light, when ive put it in netural going down a hill, etc.

i dunno whats going on, possibly the isc? plugs were changed out a little ago, i still need to do my 60k maintenance. i just hit 60k last week and will be doing it very soon. but any ideas here?.. Thanks guys
-matt

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this problem when I first bought my Automatic GSX, whenever I stopped at a redlight my oil light would come on. My oil level on the dipstick appeared to be okay at idle and it's a little tough to check it at a redlight when that light comes on.

I raised my idle slightly and it fixed the problem--Err--Well... the light stopped coming on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back