The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Idle issue after injector install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseGraves

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2020
colorado springs, Colorado
Ive got, both a 95 and 91 tsi talon. Both 6 bolt swapped, both ran great before injectors being installed. Installed 1220 fic's in the 95 and now has a very mild idle surge. Cant tune it out no matter how hard i try, but the car drives and boosts perfect otherwise. Day later, same install on the 91 tsi and same idle surge. Again after proper adjustments, will cruize and boost perfect but surges at idle. Blt comes back good. All known parts are good as the cars both drove great before the upgrade. Only thing i can think of is the injectors arnt seated far enough into the head? Maybe creating pooling? Or that batch of injector is just bad? Has anyone ever experienced this? Both cars? I have not tried switching back yet. Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks.

As stated above, blt "boost leak test" came back good. Injectors are brand new.

Any issue can cause your problem,, things can happen at anytime or fail, the fiav, could be bad or leaking, you cant see it or test it. Isc, could be faulty , how are you tuning the car, do you have any logs to help us out.

Yeah some injectors may look alike and end up being off i know it just happned to me i got some 2150s and one wasnt matched right. fic took car of me. Glad i did before i got this thing tuned. You got them from a vendor or someone else, since they are new.

Ok. To recap, litterally drove both cars into the garage. Idle, perfect. Changed injectors, (brand new from fic) 1220 low impedance. Change over took about 15 minutes. Rescaled fuel using ecmlink. Fired car. Idle wanders. Tried tuning it out via ecmlink for maybe 30 min a car with no avail. Both cars. I have done a boost leak test. The only thing i have not done is restabbed old injectors back in to see if the problem goes away. I will post that up after i get the chance. Ill try and capture a idle log of each car best i can but its all over the place due to the idle. Cruize and boost is perfect. Ill try and email fic to see if they had a known bad batch go out?

Arrowhead, will do as soon as i get the chance. Thanks.

Do you have the sheet from FIC that comes with the injectors? If you do... they say to set the injbatteryadj to the values they list under injector Voltage Offset. Then look at the average flow rate and put that as your CC value in the calculator. Then Zero out your deadtime as a starting point.

all right. posted a log. this is of the 95. ive tried spraying this thing down, and boost leak testing it. if i take it out of closed loop the problem goes away. if i just start the car up and let it warm up it wont do it. its only when i press the gas for the first time, then when it settles, it will surge for about 5 min and settle back down. lather rinse repeat. running 50/50 blend. i have a completely different manifold i can install with a s90 tb if need be.

Attachments

• 2g log to send.elg
    50.3 KB · Views: 44
What wideband are you running in the car? Have you checked that your wideband matches the AFRatioEst in open loop?

In the SD table you have a very big difference between 2 cells and the one next to it that it is idling between. Both cells are in the 1000rpm column. Set 3.7 cell to 61.5 and 5.5 cell also to 61.5. It should stabilize it from swinging lean and rich. Now if you need to pull more fuel out do it in dead time slowly a little at a time.

I think your injectors are not scaled correctly if your max VE is only 88

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back