The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

idle high

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2004
Rockville, Maryland
just got back from putting on greddy fmic and the uicp and putting the bov on right. the day i put everything on the car started perfect and idled in the 800 range where its been for about as long as i have had the car. later on the night after a few heave right foot trips to sleven the idle started hanging out around 1400. at the shop i where i put on all the parts they said i had a boost leak. could it cause that?
also today when i turned the car on it was at 800. after driving about 3-4 miles (not heavy footed at all) it went back to 1300. the car just got out of storage about a week ago and still hasnt received an oil change. thats all the things i could think of that could help diagnose. throw me a friggin bone here.

Do a boost leak test, check your throttle cable, and check your BISS too.

LOL! it was the vacuum hose to the boost gauge.after the hose was plugged back in everything became kosher. idle stayed around 800-900 and didnt vibrate like crazy. now a quick question in neutral out of gear i get bov venting sound..... is that normal? sorry this is my first turbo car so bear with me here

red_gsx said:
LOL! it was the vacuum hose to the boost gauge.after the hose was plugged back in everything became kosher. idle stayed around 800-900 and didnt vibrate like crazy. now a quick question in neutral out of gear i get bov venting sound..... is that normal? sorry this is my first turbo car so bear with me here

Duh ! checking for vacuum leaks, I should have thought of that one too. Glad you got it fixed. Now, about this noise you're hearing I'm not sure what you what you mean exactly.

its a very high pitched bov sound. i can record it with my cell phone but i have no way to upload it to my laptop so you any one else can hear it. also after some driving yesterday it turn out the idle isnt completely fixed. when i first start the car it jumps to 1400 and then comes back down to 900 and stays steady there. the problem is after driving for a little bit and then sitting at a red light it will be at 1400. yesterday on the way back from bartending school it was at 1500. the car has a very smooth idle (unlike when the vacuum hose was out) and idle will stay in one area. the problem is like i said is the are tends to be a little high. anyone know what could be the problem. i can try and get some pics of the engine bay up if you think it will help? and the sound actually i might be able to have that in a movie with my buddy's camera.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back