The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

idle causing vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklesmack

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2009
phoenix, Arizona
My talon is getting alot of vibration at idle I have solid mounts so I now that's some of the issue...my idle is set 1000 rmp and vibrates my car like crazy but if I adjust it to around 13-14k it smooths out no vibration so my question is 13-14k to high to idle at since stock is around 1000 just curious...... thx

Stock is 750, not 1000, and 1400-1500 (not 14-15k) is a REALLY high idle, but it's your car.

If I do anything less than 1000 it stalls when I slow down and my bov is recirculated and no boost leaks or vacuum leaks is it normal to get that much vibration with solid mounts

"that much vibration" is so subjectively impossible to verify over the internet it's just silly.

Find out why your car won't idle right, then work on the rest.

If I do anything less than 1000 it stalls when I slow down and my bov is recirculated and no boost leaks or vacuum leaks is it normal to get that much vibration with solid mounts

yes, prothane motor mounts make your car vibrate alot at 1000 rpms or lower, its completely normal, if you want to raise ## idle to 1200+ to stop the vibrations go ahead, but ## car should definitely not stall if your rpms go lower than 1000, try adjusting ## tps sensor.

I'm not exactly sure how the TPS being out of adjustment could cause a problem unless the throttle plate closes completely and the BISS isn't allowing enough air through, and the TPS is out of adjustment so the idles witch doesn't engage which prevents the ISC from doing its job..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back