The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Idle Air Control Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoherty420

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2011
Woburn, Massachusetts
I have had this issue since I have finished resurrecting my GS-T. I have replaced my IAC Motor multiple times and still the issue remains. I cant find a wire diagram for the IAC motor to save my life. Every motor tested good with that ohm test across the pins. My car stalls all the time when i engage the clutch and the rpms drop, it won't catch itself and stalls. If i let the rpms come down in gear and engage the clutch around 1000-1500 rpm it doesn't stall. I also have erratic idle issues, and idle surging. A diagram would be greatly appreciated, also any advice or ideas would be awesome. Thank You for your time..

I would run a boost leak test and fix anything you find. Your issue is most likely due to a boost/vacuum leak.

i tried that no vacuum leaks, well there were but they have been taken care of.. i get a code for the idle air control malfunction. i have gotten this code with every one i installed. I am kind of starting to think that maybe I have a bad ecu. Sending a bad signal or something. I really hope not tho

Did you check the resistance of the pins? Make sure each one you put in is good, also check the FIAV.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back