The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Identifying TPS and CAS connectors on 1g harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyk

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
I just bought a 4g63 swapped 95 mirage. The harness in it is a complete hack job. My buddy gave me his spare 1g engine harness to put in the mirage.

I pulled the hacked harness out of the mirage and compared it to the unmolested harness. Every plug in was exact except for the tps and cas on my unmolested harness. The cas and tps are square plug ins which are not correct. There suppose to be rectangle.

I thought this was weird so I looked up a diagram for a stock harness and its the same as my unmolested one exactly. My plan was to just cut the two plug ins off the hacked harness and put them on the unmolested harness.

The cas wires match up perfect on both harnesses. The tps isnt exactly the same. The hacked harness is only a 3 wire which the colors are green/black, green/white, and green/red I believe. My unmolested harness has a 4 wire square plug in which the colors are solid green, green/black, green/white, and green/red.

My question is what do I do with the extra solid green wire?

I pulled the hacked harness out of the mirage and compared it to the unmolested harness. Every plug in was exact except for the tps and cas on my unmolested harness. The cas and tps are square plug ins which are not correct. There suppose to be rectangle.

Actually, those are correct. (ed-for a 1990 harness)

I thought this was weird so I looked up a diagram for a stock harness and its the same as my unmolested one exactly. My plan was to just cut the two plug ins off the hacked harness and put them on the unmolested harness.

Yes, you can do this.

The cas wires match up perfect on both harnesses. The tps isnt exactly the same. The hacked harness is only a 3 wire which the colors are green/black, green/white, and green/red I believe. My unmolested harness has a 4 wire square plug in which the colors are solid green, green/black, green/white, and green/red.

My question is what do I do with the extra solid green wire?

Familiarize yourself with this article: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...12841-1990-engine-control-wiring-harness.html.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back