The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G ID’ing 2Gb harness vs 2Ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackedDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Pensacola, Florida
Title is pretty self explanatory. I’m curious if I have a 2Gb harness in my 95 talon or if it’s a 2Gb. It’s got a split thrust longblock in it and has always run the 2Gb CAS since I’ve had it. It also doesn’t have some of the other early 95 stuff in the engine bay.

Is there any easy way to tell if it’s a 2Gb harness or a 2Ga harness? Is there even a difference?

That helps a lot, but what’s weird is I have both connectors on my harness.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I honestly see both things going on in my bay that makes it both early 95 and 97-99. I sincerely hope it’s not some bastardized hybrid of the two. The little blue clips on the CAS are not exactly encouraging.

Guess I’ll have to start digging around the interior to see for sure. I also need to search what pins need to be swapped. Because I definitely have to swap the firing order. Lol.

Easiest way to tell is to look for the fuel pump relay. 2ga uses a big gold mpi relay and 2gb uses the 2 small black fuel pump relays.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back