The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

420A IAC valve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven_esi_bui

Probationary Member
Dec 12, 2012
milwaukee, Wisconsin
So I recently ran into a problem, I'm guessing my iac valve went bad so I replaced it. But it still dies as soon as I turn it on unless I give it gas, so I disconnected it and it starts up fine without it. What wrong here? It's a 420a .

So the car won't start with the IAC plugged in but will start with it unplugged correct? Did you install a new one or a used one? There should be some sort of stored code as well, have you had the vehicle scanned?

I think 95blackGsTurbo is on to something there, its probably a stored code and the ecu needs reset. I'm pretty sure just unhooking your battery for a few minutes will do just that. Good luck

I've unplugged the battery for hours and still has the same problem the iac and the tps are both new. But a noticed acouple wire are heat damaged but isn't down to the bear wire.

Is it possible you could have got a bad IAC? It does happen I had to replace a few on my dakota, sometimes autozones crap is crap.

So today I exchanged the tps and the iac 2 times. And still the same. I was thinking a bad o2 sensor or something (no catalytic converter) but can some one ease my mind of those wires that are heat damaged?

Can you see where the wires go? If you think there's even a chance they are causing your problem try wrapping them up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back