The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

I was visited by the DSM Fairy last night!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserspeeddemon

20+ Year Contributor
6,717
61
Jul 26, 2002
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Oh, did I say fairy?!?

I meant DEVIL!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 613
  • P1010031.JPG
    P1010031.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 614
  • P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 609
  • P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 609
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 608
Heck yes it is. My car never looked so sexy then it does covered in Mud.
Hit and Run I guess, I claimed it. We'll see what happens.

And more pics.
 

Attachments

  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 598
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 597
  • P1010035.JPG
    P1010035.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 598
  • P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 594
I think they just figured, "oh well teh car looks like crap, i bet the guy wont even care"

:p...
But i do like the mud!
 
Damn thats messed up.. would you be able to call the insurance?
 
You called the insurance on that?! WTF

A $0.65 bolt would fix it.
 
dnhieu said:
it wont fix that dent hes got in the fender. also the "awd rules" that was written in the mud was priceless...

I'm sorry. $0.65, and 5 minutes to punch that dent out.
 
Hey genius, why the h*ll would I get full-coverage and do the work myself. And $0.65 won't cover the part where the paint was scrapped off. Let me take a stab at your car, I bet you'd cry, and--- You know what!! Go stand in a corner!!!
 
I dont have full coverage on my car because if something happens, they are going to total it 9 times out of 10. to them its just a 15 year old pos, so full coverage means, anything that doesn't take an effort to fix. when I got rear ended, the other guys insurance company wanted to total it out too, it took many hours on the phone with them to make them fix it. the car wasn't even legally totaled, they just wanted to total it. its like they see talon and think total.... if it was up to me, I would have the system so that if you hit someone elses car, you have to replace every part damaged at your own expense, then there would be like HALF as many accidents, because no one could afford them.

this would also combat the number one cause of road rage: women drivers

they would probably stay off the road knowing that they will hit everything in sight, and ACTUALLY have to pay for it.
 
tstkl said:
I dont have full coverage on my car because if something happens, they are going to total it 9 times out of 10. to them its just a 15 year old pos, so full coverage means, anything that doesn't take an effort to fix. when I got rear ended, the other guys insurance company wanted to total it out too, it took many hours on the phone with them to make them fix it. the car wasn't even legally totaled, they just wanted to total it. its like they see talon and think total.... if it was up to me, I would have the system so that if you hit someone elses car, you have to replace every part damaged at your own expense, then there would be like HALF as many accidents, because no one could afford them.

this would also combat the number one cause of road rage: women drivers

they would probably stay off the road knowing that they will hit everything in sight, and ACTUALLY have to pay for it.
LOL, my girlfriend got pissed when she read that:p :thumb:
 
Scrymerr said:
LOL! Sorry dude, but you know the three deadly sins of driving right!! Woman. Asian. Mini-van. :D
LOL, Honey gets pissed so bad when I make fun of her for being asian:p oh the stories i've heard about her momROFL
 
tstkl said:
I dont have full coverage on my car because if something happens, they are going to total it 9 times out of 10. to them its just a 15 year old pos, so full coverage means, anything that doesn't take an effort to fix. when I got rear ended, the other guys insurance company wanted to total it out too, it took many hours on the phone with them to make them fix it. the car wasn't even legally totaled, they just wanted to total it. its like they see talon and think total.... if it was up to me, I would have the system so that if you hit someone elses car, you have to replace every part damaged at your own expense, then there would be like HALF as many accidents, because no one could afford them.

this would also combat the number one cause of road rage: women drivers

they would probably stay off the road knowing that they will hit everything in sight, and ACTUALLY have to pay for it.

Agreed. They totaled my car after the accident. I wouldnt have fixed it anyway but they should pay for the damage they did regardless of whether the car is worth it.
 
GSX_RCR said:
I'm sorry. $0.65, and 5 minutes to punch that dent out.

Screw 0.65, just get a small zip tie and a hammer and dolly. Oh and the paint is not damaged that badly, it can be buffed out. Sorry to hear about that though it would piss me off as well. If you do file it on insurance then clean the car before the adjuster looks at it. Dirt can hide alot of damage! Either way it is probably not going to exceed your deductible and if it does they will probably total your car.

You can avoid having your car totaled if you are willing to spend an extra 10%-20%(depending on your insurance provider) to get a higher value added to your car. Mine is insured for 8000 dollars so unless the damage is going to cost more than 6000 dollars the car will not be totaled, and if it is I get 8000 for a 1991 GSX. of course I have to pay 80 a month now instead of the 65 I was paying. All I had to do was take the car by the insurance company and show them the car as well as the receipts for the aftermarket stuff on the car.

edit: sorry for the bad grammar it is still early in the day for me.
 
Scrymerr said:
LOL! Sorry dude, but you know the three deadly sins of driving right!! Woman. Asian. Mini-van. :D

hey im gonna take that personally since im asian. wait, i have recieved 5 speeding tickets in less than a year and have since had my liscence suspended for 30 days. your completly right! LOL
 
Marc91GSX said:
Screw 0.65, just get a small zip tie and a hammer and dolly. Oh and the paint is not damaged that badly, it can be buffed out.

Exactly.

Let's see:

$0.65. vs. Increase in insurance premiums for the next 6 months? :toobad:

And I hope that full coverage has a $0 deductible, because I don't see anything close to over $100 of damage, including paint and labor. :tease:
 
Man, you guys are clueless. You just gotta know how to work the system. Marc was well on the right path. I'd rather take the cash and leave it dented. And zip tie the f*cker. Then spend the money where it really needs to be spent.
 
dude that mud has been on your car for like a month....ROFL
CLEAN YO SHI*T!!!
But that sucks though man. I would just not claim it on your insurance, find a cheaper body shop to spray it a little and you might be able to re-align the bumper.
 
laserspeeddemon said:
Man, you guys are clueless. You just gotta know how to work the system. Marc was well on the right path. I'd rather take the cash and leave it dented. And zip tie the f*cker. Then spend the money where it really needs to be spent.

So you're going to take about $500 in cash up front, but pay about $75 extra a month for the next 6-12 months? :tease:

j/k. I'm just giving you a hard time. Don't take my posts seriously. Seriously. :rocks: :thumb:
 
and not fixing it is why there are so many dented up, poorly taken care of 1g's
 
fwdturbobov1996 said:
and not fixing it is why there are so many dented up, poorly taken care of 1g's

WTF Are you serious?!?!

Dude, look at my car. I take it on dirt roads, I go mudding with trucks. I drive my car way it SHOULD be driven. I'm not babying the car. And then hide it in the garage on weekedays and during the winter season.

Its AWD for a reason, I make sure it knows that.
 
GSX_RCR said:
So you're going to take about $500 in cash up front, but pay about $75 extra a month for the next 6-12 months? :tease:

j/k. I'm just giving you a hard time. Don't take my posts seriously. Seriously. :rocks: :thumb:

I have the drivers-forgivness insurance. All-state RULES:thumb:
 
Well, the estimate from All-state was $800+ dollars they gave me $486. I found a shop who said they will do it for $400 or MAACO will do it for $500. Either way, it's going done with little or none out of my pocket.
 
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top