The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

I was put in handcuffs last night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTF In my opinion thats bordline "unusual punishment." You walking around drunk has nothing to do with your license. A proper punishment would be community service, fines, and/or jail-time.

Thats like a state taking away voting rights to speeders :notgood:

On another note, you're an idiot for breaking the law in the first place. :nono:

ninjai_ruken said:
. All it leads to is problems..and a really bad hang over

right. i think 50 percent of all people getting laid has to do with alcohol. the only problems it leads to is if you are a moron and drink everyday of the week, or just get obliterated where you go out in the middle of the street and sleep.

L2RTSiAWD said:
Everyone thinks the military will straighten them out, look at yourself and straighten your own shit out.

yea, no shizzal. i've easily drank 10 times more in the military then i did when i wasn't. a lot of that has to do with the base you are at and the career field (obviously a desk jockey isn't going to want and party hard with his fellow desk jockeys like a crewchief or maintainer does).

Endz0r said:
right. i think 50 percent of all people getting laid has to do with alcohol. the only problems it leads to is if you are a moron and drink everyday of the week, or just get obliterated where you go out in the middle of the street and sleep.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, so I'll just say this.

If somebody needs to get liquored up and/or liquor up a women/men just to get laid. Then that person has problems to begin with. Depending on how liquored up they make that women/man, that is rape!

CanadianTSi said:
Having to be 21 to legally drink must suck....

YUP - 19 in your province....eh? ;)

mysticfire said:
well i can tell ya this, PA cops are real assholes

AFFIRMATIVE

pa has some ### ass laws

i think im selling my house and moving to australia

easy access to all the cool cars

L2RTSiAWD I'm honestly not trying to get out of a punishment. I know I deserve to pay for my stupidity. I just wanted to know if any PA'ers had luck changing the punishment from loss of licence to something else like classes, community service, etc. I'll be 21 in a year, and I can garentee I won't be drinking again until I'm 21, and even then I probably won't drink. Anyway, I'm at college, 95% of the people drink while underage. It doesn't make it right, it just makes it difficult to stay away from. I also didnt think I had that much to drink, guess I don't know my limits. Thanks for the comments, both positive and negative. -Matt :dsm:

unior said:
YUP - 19 in your province....eh? ;)

Exactly... and it's 18 here. Ontarians are always coming over here to drink... making themselves look like alcohol and sex starving apes OMG :toobad:
They're a good entertainment though!

no offense canadianTSI j/k :thumb:

-Phil

funny, back in the day my friends and i though ontario was 18 instead of 19

so we all drove up there to visit a friend and the bars for kicks

then we found out ontario was 19

we got owned

The cuffing is just standard procedure, your safety and the safety of the officer. It doesn't matter if you sign the ticket or not. 'Tis up to you. If you did decide to refuse and be an ass about it though, that's cause to take you in for obstruction- up to the officer's discretion. Best advice is to get into some kind of alcohol counseling before your court date. Try volunteering at some charity place also. Basically, just show that you're trying to do well and have your shit together.

Nick McCardle said:
Best advice is to get into some kind of alcohol counseling before your court date. Try volunteering at some charity place also. Basically, just show that you're trying to do well and have your shit together.

^^^ good idea.

when you go talk to the public defendant, ask him is there anyway you can lower the penalties to just fines, and not losing your license. if he/she says no. ask for another hearing/delay(i can't remember what you said) so you can get another court date. then ask parents to get a lawyer.

my friend was in a similar situation as you. he got a lawyer payed a s*** load of fines :mad: . but he still had his license :thumb: . i forgot what he do, but i remember it was a mandatory license suspension. the lawyer got the judge to give him fines and no license suspension.

hope everything goes ok, and u keep your license :thumb: we all do stupid things we just got learn from them.

Well, to update everyone. I met the officer at the station. He started work tonight at 10pm and I was waiting for him. He was surprised to see me and really, really nice. For those of you who "hate all cops," you definitely should rethink that. We talked and he was very straightforward and helpful. He said to plead not guilty and he would pull the judge aside and put in a good word for me. He said if the judge gives me underage drinking it is mandatory to get my license taken away. Sometimes the judge will change the crime to disorderly conduct and then I would just pay fines out the ass. I can't say enough about how helpful the cop was. Anyway, if I lose my license I'll probably sell the gsx since it will just sit for a year, occasionally getting beat on by my dad, brother, and best friend. If I don't lose my license, the fines might be high enough that I'll need to sell it anyway because both of my summer jobs will be only 8-10 bucks an hour. Drinking sucks! I'm not touching a drop of alcohol until way after I'm 21 years old. -Matt :dsm:

The handcuffing thing is like others said, to keep them feeling safe. I once got handcuffed (and taken into custody) because my buddy was being arrested for a DUI. I was sober so Probably my fault for not making him let me drive. Anyway, He hired a lawyer and took alcohol evaluation and classes and ended up with fines and probation. There is one option.
Another thing that I have heard of working is plead not guilty. Then when you have your actual court date, sometimes officer will not show up and charges are dropped. If officer does show up, depending how thorough he was you can still sometimes get out of it. Ask about every detail of the night, ie. weather, time, what you were wearing. This sometimes works because they are unable to testify about the night.

One more thing though, drinking is stupid. I've seen to many people screw their lives up and hurt themselves. Not to mention what you can do to your car while driving drunk. Just not smart or a good thing to get started on.

Scott

This is my second time being caught drinking. I didn't learn my lesson the first time. I can honestly say that I will not drink again until I'm over 21 years of age and even then I probably won't drink at all. Thanks for the responses guys. -Matt :thumb:

slovins said:
If officer does show up, depending how thorough he was you can still sometimes get out of it.

Scott

yeah my friends always seem to get lucky with the cops not showing up

but don't bank on it dude

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back