1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

I want to turbo a EU 1996 eclipse gs 4g63 n/a

Posted by CptDeadPool123, Aug 11, 2020

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. CptDeadPool123

CptDeadPool123 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 11, 2020
    Constanța, Europe
    I want to do a turbo conversion to a eclipse gs 1996 4g63 n/a and I wanna know what I got to buy and change.
    Buying a gst in Europe is hard and they are expensive as f**k here and there is not even one for sale in my country
    And yes if you didn't know the 2g gs in Europe came only with the 2.0L 4g63 n/a there is no 420a engine on gs in Europe
    I will post a picture of the engine bay in this post 20200812_003727.jpg

Street Build 92  5

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe

Street Build 3K  12

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.43 @ 99.7 · 2G DSM
  3. CptDeadPool123

CptDeadPool123 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 11, 2020
    Constanța, Europe
    I actually live in Romania and the market here is pretty dead rn, I tried looking for a gst even as a part car but couldn't find one, but I will keep looking. Thanks for the fast reply tho, and I'm glad to be a part of this community

Street Build 92  5

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    Honestly i think you would better off with finding a turbo evo 1-3 engine and ecu. I think it would also be easier to find in your part of the world because in America we never got those models and your most likely did.
    There were no gst models in your part n of the world only 1g awd models dubbed an eclipse gsr-4 which aren't exactly easy to find
    All 2g models were n/t 4g63 cars in your part of the world.
    So again I think it would be easier to find an early evo in a junk yard and swap the engine and trans than it would be for somone willing to ship turbo part across the pond to you.

5K  20  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM