The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I want to remove the cruise control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L2RTSiAWD

Honorary Moderator
20+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2002
Chandler, Arizona
Is this possible?

I didn't see a vfaq on it anywhere. I never use it and I want to make some room in the engine bay

it is most likely possible. it is a just a luxury thing, some cars don't even have them. maybe try checking the manual about it and just take out everything that has to do with it?? just a thought.

I just did it It was easy, all you do is open up the box and disconnect the cable that goes to the little actuator, if you really wanted too you could take out both little boxs and just cut the cable short and hook it up to the throtle body, turbotrix sells the non cruise control box but you can do it my way for free.

Anyone have the mitsu part number handy?

No, but I have Coniceli's # which is worthwhile to keep handy. 1-866-221-0913,
That's their direct DSM parts line. Great for any OEM part.

You'll be happy with the results getting rid of it. As stupid as it sounds that is one of my favorite mods to my car!

Yeah I think I will be doing this mod. You would be suprised how much I hate that box in my engine bay.

That and battery in the trunk will make working on the car much easier.

Originally posted by c0degsx
why do it? i dont use cruise control so i might be looking into doing this but i have a question WHY ?

Cleans up the engine bay a ton, then you don't have extra useless stuff that you bang your hands on when turning a wrench.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back