The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

I want to make a brace for my new turbo manifold.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hesh724

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2009
Hopewell, Pennsylvania
I am getting a 304 tube exhuast manifold but it doesnt say if it is schedule 10 or 40 so just incase its made of the thin tube i want to make a brace for the turbo/manifold. I have been seeing a few diffrent ways to do it. I cant afford 1200 dollar tube manifolds so i am going with the cxracing manifold but i hear its best to add braces and clean the welds up a bit. I was wondering what is the best way to brace them? should i add flat bar from the collector flange to each of the tubes or should i go with something that will bolt to the engine and the turbo like a torque brace for engine mounts? :hmm:

Attachments

• bracket004.jpg
    bracket004.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 538
  • DSC03780.jpg
    DSC03780.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 239
  • turbo_brace.jpg
    turbo_brace.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 259
  • c4bab585.jpg
    c4bab585.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 174
  • bracket002.jpg
    bracket002.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 293
  • 82cdc042.jpg
    82cdc042.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 166
  • bracket003.jpg
    bracket003.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 184
I am looking at getting a used set if possbile too like a good used manifold i guess. Would really like to find an affordable full race manifold or someting. but im kinda poor too i only make like 400 per check haha. sad i know.

Honestly save up for a better manifold and it will save you money,time and headaches later down the line.
Personally on my dsm's I never ran anything other than a cast manifold since they are way less prone to cracking.
If I were you I would go with the FP manifold, on sale currently for $175! Can't beat that at all!
Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP DSM Race Manifold
BoostinPerformance's personal car (now shop car) went 9s on a fp manifold.

Like others said, forget about buying a pile of crap manifold. The expanding and contracting is what cracks the manifold, no so much the weight of the turbo.

I ran one of these manifolds for 4+ years and never had one issue with it.. Never needed a brace or anything.. I had it on my 16g then again on my 20g at 20 psi.. I heat wrapped it about a year and a half ago, like said above it was pretty damn ugly. Just my .02...

well i will probly end up getting the fp since it seems to be a good blend of flow and strength. i dont mind paying 275 for a good mani anyway i just can t afford a 1000 dollar JIC manifold. but i would like to do a good comprimise. thanks almost everyone!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back