The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I still love my DSM's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
So about 2 or 3 months ago, I bought a bike (kawi 636). After using my bike the first week, my DSM decide to take a leak on me (seriously, started leaking coolant). So i decided to use my toy(bike) every day. Within those 3 months, I felt happy. Well now :( , we're having thunderstorms almost every day and well I can't take my bike to work when raining, I need to get my long lost baby back up and running PLUS I do miss her. So now, Im needing to replace my waterpump to get my car working again. So I just removed the drive belts, moved power sterring pump, removed power steering bracket, and just removed water pump pulley bolts. But now I can't remove those two waterpump pulleys. Can anyone help me on how the water pump pulleys can be removed without giving up on trying to get it fixed. (Its drizzling outside and Im working on my car; True DSM love )

You need to remove the two pulleys?(power steering and alternator) If it's those, they are held by four 10mm bolt, but you have to hold still the pulleys with pliers. If it's the water pump pulley(where those attach) I still have not done that, so I can't say.

I meaning the water pump pulley(consist of two metal pulleys). I took off the bolts but can get it off the car

You guys need to read a little better, LOL.

Pry against something pushing the pulleys outwards. It should pull them off, although I've never had the problem of them sticking on there. Most DSMers have a hard time putting them back on cause they won't stay. Do not apply excessive pressure on the pulleys as you do not want to bent them. There should only be 4 10mm bolts holding the pulleys to the waterpump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back